Sign in to follow this  
bigbuckfever

Things (snakes) that make you go, whew!

My wife wanted to see the donkeys out by lake Pleasant so we went hiking on a trail they are known to frequent. My older son was about 9 and was walking out front followed by myself, my wife, and younger son who was about 6.

My older son is just walking about 10-20' ahead of me. I was scanning the trail ahead of him because I know he probably wasn't. I spotted this little one in the trail and yelled stop. Thankfully my son stopped as he was only about 10' away. A couple more steps and he would have been on it.

We had to wait about 5-10 minutes for it to clear the trail enough to pass safely. 

20200927_081901.jpg

• Like 3

A few years ago, I was walking a deer trail fairly quickly to get to a glassing spot.  Out of nowhere the rattling started, luckily, I could tell it was to my left, so I quickly moved a step to my right, looked over and a few feet away there was 4-footer reared up, pissed and ready to strike.  Thank goodness I stepped in the right direction, or he would have got me.  Grabbed the biggest rocks I could find and took care of him (didn't want to spook any deer with my pistol).  I usually let them be in the wild, but had to walk that trail back later on.

• Like 5

On 9/9/2022 at 11:44 AM, Non-Typical Solutions said:

The one constant reminder that.....nope...........no way no where..................

snakehuntin.thumb.jpg.bcba5347de547259cc19945c252c5b02.jpg

My grandad north of Gage had the same truck only a Fleetside, love it.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Edge said:

My grandad north of Gage had the same truck only a Fleetside, love it.  

Funny story.....I was 8 years old and was out helping my dad move cattle from one pasture to another.

My job was to drive that truck to the end of the pasture, couldn't have been more than half a mile, flat ground and open the gate so they could drive cattle through that gate.

I was on my knees, dad put it in first gear and I just started crawling it to the other end of the pasture.

Problem was......I really had to pee, but I knew that I'd be in trouble if I didn't get that gate open.

Soooooooooooooo, I peed my pants, got to the end of the pasture, turned the key off and went and opened the gate!

Sad story but true.....I wet my pants!!! :) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Javelinasports said:

Actually good comment, does anyone know when the hibernate? Thx

Depends on the elevation. 

A good argument for boycotting fossil fuel.

FB_IMG_1663295559923.thumb.jpg.196eeddfcadd2bdc6eadbfe1f0697d4f.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Wow! 2

2 hours ago, Edge said:

A good argument for boycotting fossil fuel.

FB_IMG_1663295559923.thumb.jpg.196eeddfcadd2bdc6eadbfe1f0697d4f.jpg

Evil soul right here ... only thing worse is putting  the dead snake up in the sunvisor.... could you image that falling down while driving when You hit a bump .... I would crash and burn ...