Ghosthunter23

Full Moon 5BS

Noticed a really bright moon last night, and haven’t heard any bugles. Anyone have any experience hunting Elk during a full moon period with bright nights? 

Most years I see elk daily driving to work at 330am. Half the time they are up feeding and half the time they are bedded. Yesterday I saw a whole herd bedded at that time. I personally don't think the moon dictates the hours they are up as much as a lot of guys do. If they are talking where you are I would move. It's only day one so you have plenty of time. Good luck!

• Like 1

Exactly 4 years ago today was in 22 listening to bugles. The moon was so bright it was nearly impossible to sleep.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghosthunter23 said:

Noticed a really bright moon last night, and haven’t heard any bugles. Anyone have any experience hunting Elk during a full moon period with bright nights? 

I bet the lack of bugles has more to do with the hoard of people that have rolled in in the last few days that It does the moon 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, oz31p said:

I bet the lack of bugles has more to do with the hoard of people that have rolled in in the last few days that It does the moon 

Makes sense, I was curious more than anything, since I’ve heard that a bright moon will result in an Elk being more active at night and bedding down during the day. It’s day 1 so I’m not worried at all, I know there’s plenty of Elk here. 

• Like 2