goinhuntn

Classy hunters

I lost my bugle tube on Friday evening in unit 8 it fell off my pack on a road by Wagoner Hill. Whoever found it put it on a rock about 6” tall in the middle of the Jeep trail we were on. Needless to say I found it Sunday evening. If whoever found it is on this site I would like to give a big thanks to them. They could have easily kept it, but to put in the middle of the road for me to find it was awesome. Not an expensive item, but very cool to have got it back. Again a big thanks to you if you on on this site!!!

• Like 25

Yea man good people are still out there.  Years ago, in unit 10 on a cow hunt my pack with my binos, tripod, field cleaning kit, batteries, first aid and other misc. items (a few thousand bucks' worth of stuff) fell out the back of a faulty SxS tail gate onto a major road in the unit.  We didn't notice it until we had turned off to a smaller 2 track headed up hill and other stuff started falling out.  Freaked out, we hauled butt back and there was my pack sitting up on the side of the road with everything in it.  I was in diss belief.  I was very fortunate that the right person came across my pack and left it for us.

• Like 5

My most recent experience is just the opposite. I was sitting water, 2 guys pull up, see me and then drive away honking their horn. It just reenforced my belief that there are a lot of assholes out there. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, creed said:

My most recent experience is just the opposite. I was sitting water, 2 guys pull up, see me and then drive away honking their horn. It just reenforced my belief that there are a lot of assholes out there. 

Those were guides. 

• Like 11
  • Haha 5

Here's my disappointing story...My  wife and i were hunting Coues about 10 miles this side of the Arizona/Mexico border. We saw one camp off about a 1/2 mile away as we headed toward our camp spot a day before the season.  Opening morning we heard a series of shots the next canyon over. We had a great observation point to just sit and glass early opening morning so we kept our eyes peeled in that direction.  Fifteen minutes or so later here comes a buck at a dead run down the mountain from us. I shot, and he ran another 50 yards and collapsed. It only took us 10 minutes to get to him.  Within 30 minutes there was a group of 3 hunters coming toward us. One claimed he had shot it first and it died in front of us.  I was pretty adamant about it was MY one and only bullet that made the hole in its chest.  I even went as far as pointing where the blood trail started.  They finally went on their way, but first asked if they could "HELP" carry the buck the 400 (+-) yards down to the nearest Jeep trail. I declined and told them we got it handled. It was going to be cold enough to skin, put a deer bag on and hang the deer in a mesquite tree without worrying about spoiling that night. I thought it was over and done with UNTIL about 9:00 that night I see headlights coming toward our camp. We were WELL off the beaten path.  They pulled up to the hanging deer and put their high beams on it and got out and started spinning it around, looking for another bullet hole. I could smell the Tequila before I was within 10 feet of them. I did not want to walk out with my rifle when I saw what they were doing,  but I DID strap on my .45 auto under my coat, just in case., I decided if they wanted the buck I would rather give it to them rather then have some serious sh** go down.  After they did their "examination" and found no other bullet holes, they went on their way.  We got out of there at first light.

• Sad 1
  • Wow! 4

13 minutes ago, AzNative63 said:

Here's my disappointing story...My  wife and i were hunting Coues about 10 miles this side of the Arizona/Mexico border. We saw one camp off about a 1/2 mile away as we headed toward our camp spot a day before the season.  Opening morning we heard a series of shots the next canyon over. We had a great observation point to just sit and glass early opening morning so we kept our eyes peeled in that direction.  Fifteen minutes or so later here comes a buck at a dead run down the mountain from us. I shot, and he ran another 50 yards and collapsed. It only took us 10 minutes to get to him.  Within 30 minutes there was a group of 3 hunters coming toward us. One claimed he had shot it first and it died in front of us.  I was pretty adamant about it was MY one and only bullet that made the hole in its chest.  I even went as far as pointing where the blood trail started.  They finally went on their way, but first asked if they could "HELP" carry the buck the 400 (+-) yards down to the nearest Jeep trail. I declined and told them we got it handled. I thought it was over and done with UNTIL about 9:00 that night I see headlights coming toward our camp. We were WELL off the beaten path.  They pulled up to the hanging deer and put their high beams on it and got out and started spinning it around, looking for another bullet hole. I could smell the Tequila before I was within 10 feet of them. I did not want to walk out with my rifle when I saw what they were doing,  but I DID strap on my .45 auto under my coat, just in case., I decided if they wanted the buck I would rather give it to them rather then have some serious sh** go down.  After they did their "examination" and found no other bullet holes, they went on their way.  We got out of there at first light.

Wise Choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AzNative63 said:

Here's my disappointing story...My  wife and i were hunting Coues about 10 miles this side of the Arizona/Mexico border. We saw one camp off about a 1/2 mile away as we headed toward our camp spot a day before the season.  Opening morning we heard a series of shots the next canyon over. We had a great observation point to just sit and glass early opening morning so we kept our eyes peeled in that direction.  Fifteen minutes or so later here comes a buck at a dead run down the mountain from us. I shot, and he ran another 50 yards and collapsed. It only took us 10 minutes to get to him.  Within 30 minutes there was a group of 3 hunters coming toward us. One claimed he had shot it first and it died in front of us.  I was pretty adamant about it was MY one and only bullet that made the hole in its chest.  I even went as far as pointing where the blood trail started.  They finally went on their way, but first asked if they could "HELP" carry the buck the 400 (+-) yards down to the nearest Jeep trail. I declined and told them we got it handled. It was going to be cold enough to skin, put a deer bag on and hang the deer in a mesquite tree without worrying about spoiling that night. I thought it was over and done with UNTIL about 9:00 that night I see headlights coming toward our camp. We were WELL off the beaten path.  They pulled up to the hanging deer and put their high beams on it and got out and started spinning it around, looking for another bullet hole. I could smell the Tequila before I was within 10 feet of them. I did not want to walk out with my rifle when I saw what they were doing,  but I DID strap on my .45 auto under my coat, just in case., I decided if they wanted the buck I would rather give it to them rather then have some serious sh** go down.  After they did their "examination" and found no other bullet holes, they went on their way.  We got out of there at first light.

On 9/13/2022 at 4:17 AM, creed said:

Kudos to whoever placed the bugle tube to be found.

I concur with what creed said.  Some A-hole stole my pop-up blind that I had placed at a waterhole for the early elk archery season this year.  🤬

• Sad 1

I didn't post my antelope New Mexico hunt this year.  But Ill add to this thread.  Opening morning we spotted a nice Buck a mile out.  My hunting buddy went after him after he bed.  He got in a good shooting position at 300 yards.  Once he stood he radio and said ok, then dust and a shot ranged out.  I couldn't believe he missed at 300 yards in a prone position.  He radioed me and said "thats not me shooting".  What???  The buck ran toward him to 160 yards and stopped.  He radioed and said should I shoot him.  I said Im not sure if we should do that.  Then bam!  Dead buck.  He radioed and said it wasn't me.  Another hunter bedded this buck last night and didn't see me hunting partner.  He shot from 600 yards.  When the hunter walked out to it my hunting partner stood up.  He was shocked to see him and my partner said he was right there and walked a mile to him.  He was totally cool with the other hunter and he was very grateful.  It was his first antelope hunt and put some major work to make this buck happen.  Said he had no idea that my partner was there.  He was very grateful he didn't shoot it.  Apparently a couple years ago he shot a really nice bull and it limp off or about to die.  Another hunter saw it and ran up to the elk and shot it and tried to put his tag on it while knowing what just happen.  They got into it with the guy but lucky game and fish saw the whole thing and gave him the bull elk.  So if my hunting partner was a D Bag and shot it it would of gave him PTSD about his last hunt!!  Lol.  But it was cool to see it all go down from my side on a spotter a mile away           

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

On 9/13/2022 at 3:48 PM, AzNative63 said:

Geez that is terrible. It’s crazy what some people will do…glad everything turned out ok for you! 

On 9/17/2022 at 12:14 PM, Zeke-BE said:

I didn't post my antelope New Mexico hunt this year.  But Ill add to this thread.  Opening morning we spotted a nice Buck a mile out.  My hunting buddy went after him after he bed.  He got in a good shooting position at 300 yards.  Once he stood he radio and said ok, then dust and a shot ranged out.  I couldn't believe he missed at 300 yards in a prone position.  He radioed me and said "thats not me shooting".  What???  The buck ran toward him to 160 yards and stopped.  He radioed and said should I shoot him.  I said Im not sure if we should do that.  Then bam!  Dead buck.  He radioed and said it wasn't me.  Another hunter bedded this buck last night and didn't see me hunting partner.  He shot from 600 yards.  When the hunter walked out to it my hunting partner stood up.  He was shocked to see him and my partner said he was right there and walked a mile to him.  He was totally cool with the other hunter and he was very grateful.  It was his first antelope hunt and put some major work to make this buck happen.  Said he had no idea that my partner was there.  He was very grateful he didn't shoot it.  Apparently a couple years ago he shot a really nice bull and it limp off or about to die.  Another hunter saw it and ran up to the elk and shot it and tried to put his tag on it while knowing what just happen.  They got into it with the guy but lucky game and fish saw the whole thing and gave him the bull elk.  So if my hunting partner was a D Bag and shot it it would of gave him PTSD about his last hunt!!  Lol.  But it was cool to see it all go down from my side on a spotter a mile away           

Glad your buddy didn't get shot himself if that guy happened to miss or if your buddy was in the crossfire. That could be scary. 

• Like 1

When I was 12 or 13, I was hunting mulies in 27 with my dad. He was quite a distance away when I shot a mid size buck, dropping him with a single bullet. 

By the time I reached the buck, here across a meadow comes a couple middle aged men carrying rifles. 

I hadn't heard another shot and the deer had a single bullet hole. But these two characters who looked like extras right off the Deliverance set, insisted this was their deer, they'd shot it earlier and were tracking it. It was clearly bs but what was I to do.

Didn't see my dad again till long after the confrontation, he was fit to be tied. But a couple days later I scored a beautiful buck in the same meadow. He was mounted and adorns my gun room today.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Edge said:

When I was 12 or 13, I was hunting mulies in 27 with my dad. He was quite a distance away when I shot a mid size buck, dropping him with a single bullet. 

By the time I reached the buck, here across a meadow comes a couple middle aged men carrying rifles. 

I hadn't heard another shot and the deer had a single bullet hole. But these two characters who looked like extras right off the Deliverance set, insisted this was their deer, they'd shot it earlier and were tracking it. It was clearly bs but what was I to do.

Didn't see my dad again till long after the confrontation, he was fit to be tied. But a couple days later I scored a beautiful buck in the same meadow. He was mounted and adorns my gun room today.

That's fucked up, as a parent I've seen how ahole adults try to steam roll kids when there's not an adult around. Pisses me off to no end. Only a pussy of a man would do that crap to a kid.  

Let's see a pic of the buck you shot though!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

That's fucked up, as a parent I've seen how ahole adults try to steam roll kids when there's not an adult around. Pisses me off to no end. Only a pussy of a man would do that crap to a kid.  

Let's see a pic of the buck you shot though!

538073182_09212208192.thumb.jpg.24a053c3859f1d7667995b3ffa0d9493.jpg

• Like 2
  • Great Buck! 1
  • Wow! 1