Sign in to follow this  
n2horns

Food vacuum sealer or the like

Anyone using a decent model of food vacuum sealer/chamber vacuum?  Dont want to spend a grand on one. as only use it a few times a year.

I have a LEM I was going to put up for sale, it’s their bigger model MAXVAC. $100

I think mine is called Foodsaver. I use the heck out of it. No issues in over 10 years with it. Bags are easy to get anywhere. That LEM is probably better though. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ctafoya said:

I think mine is called Foodsaver. I use the heck out of it. No issues in over 10 years with it. Bags are easy to get anywhere. That LEM is probably better though. 

Same for me. I’ve had a foodsaver that has served me well for years. I have found it is very cheap to get the bags on Amazon. 

• Like 2

I moved from a foodsaver to the big AVID Armor chamber sealer. It's awesome and half the price off most chamber sealers.

Had it for a year, and no issues. The foodsaver is still needed if you have really long packages, but for fish it's extended the freezer life with no burn and works great on liquid.

I have a basic 12" model from Cabelas. Works fine for my occassional use. I keep it super clean and use good bags and have had zero issues.

Have the commercial Waring sealer. A little messy on liquids but we got around that by chilling wet items first.

My ol lady is customer service director for Waring/Cuisinart. Part of the job means we get to test everything they sell even before it's on the market.

Bread machines, food processors, air fryers, dehydrators...it's tough. And after putting them through the paces, they're used, we keep what we like. Just saying.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, My Rights As An American said:

Have an air fryer you want me to test for you?

I'll keep my eye out, pm me your cell.

Air fryers are just amazing.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 10:46 PM, ctafoya said:

If you got 10 years out of one Foodsaver, I am amazed. I Kill one every 3-4 years, usually keep a new spare in the garage if I find them on sale.  I have not been impressed, looking for a better brand for my next one.

• Like 2