Sign in to follow this  
n2horns

Food vacuum sealer or the like

My sister got me a food saver from target quite a few years ago. we use it every couple of weeks....and when blessed enough, ive done an enitre deer and couple of javelinas. 

just buy the bulk bag rolls from sams or costco

I also have a Cabela’s, and was always satisfied, until recently, when I went to Food Saver brand bags.  They appear to seal tightly at first, but then allow a little air in after a couple months. I don’t know why one side of the Food Saver bag has that grid texture, which plainly is harder to seal, than a smooth surface side.  Could be my Cabela’s is just getting old and needs replaced.  Several people seem to like their Wesson or Weston brand sealer.  (Not sure of spelling)

40 minutes ago, pirogue said:

I also have a Cabela’s, and was always satisfied, until recently, when I went to Food Saver brand bags.  They appear to seal tightly at first, but then allow a little air in after a couple months. I don’t know why one side of the Food Saver bag has that grid texture, which plainly is harder to seal, than a smooth surface side.  Could be my Cabela’s is just getting old and needs replaced.  Several people seem to like their Wesson or Weston brand sealer.  (Not sure of spelling)

B4CE74F4-A8A0-426B-9F05-401EDD8A80AB.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

B4CE74F4-A8A0-426B-9F05-401EDD8A80AB.png

I didn't know that. I usually double seal my edges but I usually wrap in Saran wrap first. Frozen meat blocks tend to end up with tiny holes in the bags after a while of shuffling around in the freezer.  

Thought of my mother in law when I read the title...

On 9/20/2022 at 6:36 PM, Curtis Reed said:

I have the Meat! chamber sealer and have been happy with it. heavy b!tch but i’ve sealed many many bags with it 

I've got the same one and it's bad a$$.

20221002_102306.jpg

20220929_090203.jpg

• Like 1