Sign in to follow this  
Yuma Outdoorsman

Any Good Bucks?

Has anybody been out scouting around for their upcoming hunts? It's been so hot down in Yuma up until this week that I haven't thought about hitting the desert yet. I might try to make a trip out this weekend but we will see. I would imagine most deer are bedded down before day light but it might be worth climbing a hill and doing a little glassing for a bit and hope to get lucky and catch a buck still moving around. 

Heading up to the Bradshaws on Friday thru the weekend to scout a few spots. Never hunted up there, so we'll see how it goes. Probably will be a zoo....

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, dmoto said:

Heading up to the Bradshaws on Friday thru the weekend to scout a few spots. Never hunted up there, so we'll see how it goes. Probably will be a zoo....

Hopefully you find something good! 

4 minutes ago, peckl1 said:

I have seen a few Bucks with good potential both mule deer and coues in 36a already.

How’s it looking down there this year?  Grass tall as ever again?  Start to brown up or still green as could be?

Well we have had some good rain, but not where we needed it most. It is still pretty green around most of the ranch. 

I won’t be able to hit the desert until the weekend quail season opens. It’s killing me to not go out there but the hot weather has kept me from wanting to get after it recently and the next two weekends we have stuff going on family wise. Oh well, those deer aren’t going no where. 

• Like 1