Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Surface Planers

1 minute ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I’m actually looking as well. I was in woodworkers source today looking at them and jointers. The dewalt is pretty nice. I was looking at a Jet that was a few hundred more. Still deciding.

I like the Dewalt as far as I have researched but also have Jet bandsaw and drill press that have both been decent!!!

That Rockwell in the picture looks to be built like a tank! Ebay is probably your best chance for finding used parts. I've had to go that route on some older machines I have that no longer have parts available. What's wrong with the Rockwell you have?

I have a Dewalt 12.5" that I've been happy with. It's small and you can't really "hog out" material, but it's been problem free aside from changing knives.

That Rockwell looks larger than 12”? I’d love to have the space and money for a 36-48” plane or sander! I take my table tops to a shop that has huge machinery and it’s it’s +-$20 to flatten. I’d like to have my own so I can plane/joint and not need them. I don’t know enough about it yet though.

4 hours ago, az41mag said:

That Rockwell in the picture looks to be built like a tank! Ebay is probably your best chance for finding used parts. I've had to go that route on some older machines I have that no longer have parts available. What's wrong with the Rockwell you have?

I have a Dewalt 12.5" that I've been happy with. It's small and you can't really "hog out" material, but it's been problem free aside from changing knives.

The feed roller is just worn out, I'm horrible at parts shopping, going to give my maintenance crew a little longer to search for the part but not hearing back from them I'm worried.

Feed rollers are going to be tough to find, or at least a used one that's in better condition than the current one. Best of luck in your search.

• Like 1