Sign in to follow this  
Boarman03

Over the counter Elk rifle tags near St Johns?

A good friend of mine said that he was up near St Johns and that they were selling over the counter rifle tags for Elk. Has anyone else heard this? He is getting up there in years so he may be wrong. Thought I'd double check and maybe get the word out if it's true.

This is not an attempt to spread a rumor and please don't take it that way.

10 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Yes everyone has heard of it. It’s been in the regs for at least 2 years. Jfc

brutal

To be honest the OTC tags aren't a high success rate hunt. There are guys that get out every year and take some nice elk but they have put in their time to figure out the areas and when the elk are in there. If you have filled your other tags or are just building up points, go for it. 

Long days and hours of no action interrupted by 90 seconds of excitement. Helps to be local to the area and network with your neighbors. Not your normal hunt to fill your freezer. Just depends on how bored you are I guess. 

On 9/16/2022 at 8:35 AM, trphyhntr said:

Yes everyone has heard of it. It’s been in the regs for at least 2 years. Jfc

This guy is a dick.  Why does this site tolerate trolls

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

If it was a secret, why would the site tolerate someone blowing the lid off it. 

Never a positive comment from you.  You shoot on everyone.  Am I the first to call you out?  

He asked a legitimate question.  If you think it trite, hold your tongue.  Anyone looking for help on this site is blasted.  Total BS.  Stop being a grumpy butt.  If you can't help, put a sock in it 

• Like 1

Just now, savagman said:

Never a positive comment from you.  You shoot on everyone.  Am I the first to call you out?  

He asked a legitimate question.  If you think it trite, hold your tongue.  Anyone looking for help on this site is blasted.  Total BS.  Stop being a grumpy butt.  If you can't help, put a sock in it 

You are way off. you are the grumpy one, and when was the last time you contributed anything on here 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 8:30 AM, Boarman03 said:

A good friend of mine said that he was up near St Johns and that they were selling over the counter rifle tags for Elk. Has anyone else heard this? He is getting up there in years so he may be wrong. Thought I'd double check and maybe get the word out if it's true.

This is not an attempt to spread a rumor and please don't take it that way.

These are very tough hunts.  Keep expectations low and enjoy the chance to hunt.  Guys that put the work in may figure it out.  But probably still low odds.  Hunt hard and good luck!  

Don't let crappy people get you down!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

You are way off. you are the grumpy one, and when was the last time you contributed anything on here 

I help where I can.  Don't pretend to know it all.  Don't dump on others.  Try to encourage where I can. Never seen anything positive from your toxic persona...

You be you, and I will call you out for being a turd.

• Like 1