Sign in to follow this  
AzDiamondHeat

rental Car

Other driver’s insurance paying for it? My only experience long-term was paid by another insurance company and the body shop had a decent arrangement with I think it was Budget or Enterprise. Pretty easy pickup at the body shop and returned it when we picked up our car. 

Took 6 weeks for my kid to be paid out when he got hit. Luckily he used my wife's car and we didn't have to wait to be reimbursed from them. 

I use national almost every week for work. Great for what I use them for, but I also don't pay for it. 

Depending on insurance they have a limit per day/ days used. Even if the claim takes longer to settle. Other parties insurance is better for you since you can use your insurance’s clout to force them to pay. If they don’t, then don’t accept the first answer you get if you don’t like it.

I usually rent from Enterprise. I was in a company car and got rearended they had Progressive. THey put me in a car the next day.

I don't do enterprise rentals anymore after taking my truck in for service and the dealer used them.Got a car with a cracked windshield and even after telling them the thing was cracked they tried to bill me for it.I didn't want to make a big deal outa it when I dropped the car back off because several people had seen me take my carry gun outa the glove box .So I just walked away and got my truck .When I got home we called and got the manager on the phone and had it out with him.They were going to charge my card for the glass .I said I never rented the car as I didn't pick it up and the wife is not on my card so I'd just dispute the charges .In the end they waived the charge when I called the district manager and had a few words with him.Never rent a car with damage !!! Get pictures or videos of the car when you pick it up.

You might try Turo.  The last couple times I have rented a car it was through them.  It is individual people renting out their own cars through the company and are cheaper then the big name companies.  Kind of like Airbnb but for cars. Not sure about long term though. I am looking into getting a couple cars and doing it myself.