bigorange

RV rental services

Anyone have experience with the RV rental services where you can rent out your RV to others? Like RVShare or Outdoorsy…any good or bad experiences to share? Toying with the idea of giving it a try to at least cover our storage fees and maybe make some extra money. 

• Like 1

Do those places do a security deposit?  Depends how much they rent for I would think.  If it's inspected before and after...

A lot of stuff in campers is made to break and pretty easy to replace. I would definitely have it insured if you do though.  

What's one rent for per night?

This is the kind of real-world feedback I was hoping to see from anyone who’s rented their own RV through one of the services. 

rent is variable but seems to be in the $100-150/night range for units comparable to mine with $500 security deposit, insurance included, and additional fees possible for cleaning, tank dumping, generator rental, delivery, etc. I don’t know how much of that actually makes it to the RV owner’s pocket. 

How meticulous are you with your RV?

Renters for the most part feel like they have the right to abuse things. I look into renting my ski boat and decided not to.  The rental place warned me “ it will never be the same”.  
If your RV is a little older and already showing use, give it a try.  A decent renter will probably be a repeat and might refer other responsible people. 

Another factor to consider is what are the seats and couch upholstered with.  Our last one was pleather so was easy to clean. Cloth fabric not as easy to get out if some dingus spills coolaid.  Is maybe get all the furniture upholstered with something easy to clean then maybe switch the nice stuff back when you use it or decide to sell.  I think it's worth at least giving it a try once and see how it goes.  Let us know, I'm sure others would love to know what the cost was for the people vs how much you made.  As would I..

• Like 1

I've used those services multiple times as a renter when we were going out of state to family reuinions. Things went well from my side of things. Pretty painless. I didn't break anything though. 

• Like 1