Sign in to follow this  
AzDiamondHeat

Almost...

Been there & done that.  Bummer

1 hour ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

nephews first bull hunt.  walked him in to 10 yds.  thought he was shooting lungs but had no idea how big they were that close.  bounced it off his shoulder.  

slo-mo video shows it well

Bounced? It’s hanging out as he ran off

Sounded like my deer in 12a about 10 years ago.Matthews bow at 63 pounds and a rage at 18 yds .I put it right on the shoulder and it sounded just like I hit him with a baseball bat.Didn't get any penetration .Figure the rage didn't open .We spent several hours looking and only found a few drops.Keep at it !!!

1 hour ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

figure of speech. not LITERALLY  bounced.

about 3 inches of penetration and bounced out after a few steps of it flopping around in his skin 

Aside from wounding this bull, is there more to try story?, you caught up to him and killed him?

• Like 1

wounded?   barely.  the thing  didnt bleed more than a drop right where the arrow fell. got more damage running through the trees than he did from the arrow. 3 inches of penetration in the shoulder wont even slow him down let alone kill him.  so no, we dis not catch up to him. 

i only posted the video because it was a cool up close encounter.   and a very unfortunate shot placement.  

• Sad 1