Sign in to follow this  
AzDiamondHeat

Almost...

Sucks man, I watched 2 different buddies make the exact same shot over the years.  Both resulted in a non-recovered bull.  Absolute rush to have bulls come in that close.  

On the first video it looks like the arrow ricocheted off a branch right in from the the kill zone. But it’s hard to see for sure.  

I shot a bull about 10 years ago that had a complete passthrough on my first shot and he didn't even know what happened.  So I decide to shoot him again after he runs off about 25 yards.  The problem was that I though it was 40 yards.  Anyway the arrow ended up hitting him in the back of the head and actually punched through his skull and ended up against his eyeball.  Not sure what it would have done to a shoulder but his skull didn't slow down my arrow.  Here is a picture of the bull with the arrow sticking out of his head.

IMG_0637 (002).JPG

Unfortunate.  Hard to get any arrow through an elk shoulder when hitting solid bone (scapula is relatively easy to penetrate).  Curious, which broadhead was he using?

I hit a bull two years ago in the same area. I was 25 yards out. Sounded like truck hitting a wall. Bounced right back out. Tiny spot of blood. I was able to keep up for a while. He rounded up his cows and moved on like nothing happened. 

Dang that is really tough luck. Super cool encounter but sorry to hear it turned out the way it did. Nice you got a video of it so you could see what happened