Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Anyone else have a fall tag?

12 hours ago, Sketchy Tom said:

do turkeys shock gobble in the fall?

I’ve heard them gobbling during Sept elk hunt just like spring. Not sure if it was a shock gobble or spontaneous but was cool to hear. 

Hunted Saturday but didn't see anything. Looking to go back up in the morning. Thinking of going up behind of Roosevelt as I've seen tracks up there and it is closer to Mesa.

Hunted southern 6A Friday thru Sunday.  Its all razors and fifth wheels up there.  No sign of birds anywhere.  Did see a couple does and a few squirrels.

I was up the 83 in 6a and had 3 opportunities at turkey.The first was getting picked off moving.I parked my sxs past a water hole and did a hike south in between two other water holes the birds use and didn't see anything.On my way back to my sxs I had to pass a third water hole that the dam is along the trail and as I was going by I saw birds.I tried to close the distance and it went to sh*t I was busted .I still got two shots and missed .The first was a bird in the ground at around 70 and the other was in the air at about the same.The second was where I called a bear a few years earlier on a turkey hunt .I cought the birds on my way out .Put the sxs in park and grabbed the gun .I was so focused on the birds I never saw the tree I sent a shot into .The third was a hen in the road that just gave me a look and was gone. The birds were quite and didn't respond to any calls.I only had a day and a half to hunt.The elk were still making noise and I did get into a good group for awhile. Did see a few squirrel but didn't shoot any.Saturday afternoon I was all loaded up and hit the button to start the truck and no bueno.Dead battery .That's twice in two years that's happened in the same spot.Long story short I was able to jump the truck with the sxs and get home .Man I suck with a shotgun.

Went up to 6A last weekend pretty good time w @Sketchy Tom . Was the first fall bird hunt I was on, didn’t have a tag. No gobbles or yelps but made quick work with the squirrels. Shot about ten between me and my buddy even ate some at camp one night. Also found a pretty sweet shed. 

E434427C-C788-4591-9CB8-1F469B179453.jpeg

1D47A397-2E16-49F7-8B97-3924296CF276.jpeg

C5461B77-0B0E-45FE-936C-F770B789C30B.jpeg

• Like 4