Outdoorlife602

WTB - Looking for 15x56 binos

My 17 year old cousin is looking for an entry level set of 15x56 binos. He has a max budget of around $300 but was trying to stay below that. Anyone have a set? Maybe Vortex Diamondbacks or Vultures?

https://www.opticsplanet.com/vortex-diamondback-hd-15x56mm-binoculars.html

I know he's wanting to stay under $300 but buying brand new for an extra $70 is better than used for a little cheaper in my opinion. 

Edit...Sorry, I just saw they are on backorder. 

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-intensity-hd-binoculars?ds_e=GOOGLE&ds_c=Cabelas|Shopping|Smart|Hunting|Hunting|NAud|TopPerf|NMT&gclid=CjwKCAjwhNWZBhB_EiwAPzlhNmBhVy-xx9ER-Id9ff-aUOQ2kk2dY_NozCfhIHvO34bkdKHVygalbRoCQacQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

These might work. 

• Like 1

Imo looking through cheaper 15's suck and they where $500 I would suggest looking at 12's around that price point 

Thanks guys, trust me you’re preaching to the choir but his budget is tight right now. I can get a brand new set of diamondbacks for around $320 but he didn’t want to wait for shipping. If no one has a set, that’s our fallback. I had kaibabs many years ago and the headache those things gave me was not fun…

If you’ve got a decent set of 12s for around that  price, send them over. 

3 hours ago, Outdoorlife602 said:

Thanks guys, trust me you’re preaching to the choir but his budget is tight right now. I can get a brand new set of diamondbacks for around $320 but he didn’t want to wait for shipping. If no one has a set, that’s our fallback. I had kaibabs many years ago and the headache those things gave me was not fun…

If you’ve got a decent set of 12s for around that  price, send them over. 

Ross Outdoors has the 15's for $369 says 1 available

the 12x50 are $279

I'd call first tho sometimes their website is off on availability.

https://rossoutdoors.com/store/Vortex-Diamondback-HD-12×50-Binocular-p84133145

James

• Like 1

I have a set of 20x70 cables big eyes he can have for 200. They have been in my garage for several years now.  They are missing an eyeflange.  

39 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

My first binos were 20x60 Pentax Lmao. And I didn’t even have a tripod. The poverty was real. 

That's funny! I need a tripod for 10x50s.

50 minutes ago, idgaf said:

I have a set of 20x70 cables big eyes he can have for 200. They have been in my garage for several years now.  They are missing an eyeflange.  

Coming from a seasoned dude, if I was starting out with a $300 budget.  These for $200 and a $100 pair of Bushnell elk horns or used pair of 10x diamond backs is best case scenario.

Fred, if he don't take you up on this I will.

17 hours ago, idgaf said:

Thanks guys I passed along the info.