mclancy

Looking for antlers

Checking to see if anybody may have seen these antlers from my sons bull elk.  Greg McBride was doing the taxidermy work on this and was also fixing a couple points that were broke off.  I had met Greg some time ago and he became a friend of mine. Unfortunately Greg passed and his wife Carol decided to sell all of his taxidermy equipment, forms and whatever mounts he was working on.  I could not get any other information from Carol other than she sold everything.  I know Greg had record of the bull as required by game and fish.  I am attaching a photo of the bull in hopes that somebody has seen it.  I am willing to pay to get this back for my son.  As you all know how sentimental hunts can be, this one was very special for my son and I.  Please let me know if anybody has seen.  Thanks for your time.  Good hunting!

IMG_4053.JPG.582fe2600a962f595d34c17fa4f2497b.JPGIMG_4005.JPG.f1997d536e85d68a73f8da4fff76921f.JPG

• Like 1

Have you talked to AZGFD? Doesn’t seem legal to just sell unfinished mounts like that…they might at least be able to get more info out of her. 

• Like 4

Wow, that does not seem like she handled that correctly. I hope you got some sort of reimbursement if you had paid for anything up front. That is terrible in itself, then to not be able to get the elk back is even worse. I hope you are able to recover it. 

I wish you luck, Greg did not run a very good business. I personally had bad experiences with his outfit. Definitely bug his wife, she has to know something to where she sold it to. 

• Like 2

That really sucks ! That's a really nice bull . Hope everything works out for you and you get your sons bull back . 

Unbelievable... she had to know these items would be important to people!

• Like 1

I'd contact the police as well. She can't sell things that belong to someone else just because they're on her property. That's theft and they should be able to track down the buyer, and hopefully charge her for it. Dang man - I feel for you and hope you find them.

• Like 1

What Coach said and try to have a visit with police there and press her for any info on the buyer.  Hope it works out for you, that is beyond sucks, she must be a really clueless carbon unit.  Let us know if you get lucky...

• Like 1