Adicted

11m Bull tag last effort

Going back up tonight for 5 days for my sons bull tag.  Hopefully we can seal the deal.  Got on 1 solid 6 opening day last week but couldnt seal it.  On many elk after that but no shooters.  This week might just be a freezer filler.  Rut dying down. Any one else up there?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Adicted said:

Going back up tonight for 5 days for my sons bull tag.  Hopefully we can seal the deal.  Got on 1 solid 6 opening day last week but couldnt seal it.  On many elk after that but no shooters.  This week might just be a freezer filler.  Rut dying down. Any one else up there?

The rut was not dying down last weekend in 7

We’re you guys able to seal the deal?  I’m on the peaks and haven’t heard a bugle in 5 days.  Been tough over here.

• Wow! 1

14 minutes ago, reece_mess16 said:

We’re you guys able to seal the deal?  I’m on the peaks and haven’t heard a bugle in 5 days.  Been tough over here.

That’s sounds awful 

• Like 1

Not sure where you're hunting, but I can point you some 11M spots if you need a change of scenery!  Hoping to get out this week after school and next Sunday to help fill my son's youth 10 cow tag now that I'm back walking post-surgery!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reece_mess16 said:

2892625C-FB3A-4175-8681-4A4706746A6D.thumb.jpeg.6eb66f695790022772397ab72b50345b.jpeg6947B910-D8BF-4AFF-9D9D-A8F26CB28B4B.thumb.jpeg.c9e9f925d5dc96dc566e61b970a962e2.jpeg

If you are still in the peaks message me. Here is my boys and buddies from up there we killed Friday and Saturday. I can tell you where at least 3 good bulls are at.

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

Long story short.  My sons hunt.  Missed a good bull at 30 yds, he hit a branch. Got on 4-5 decent bulls with in 80 and just couldnt seal the deal. Very frustrating. 2 bulls came into calls and just a no-go. Bulls bugle for first hour and zip.  We had a few chances and the boy just couldnt seal it. Rained all day today but got on a nice 6 this morning. Called bull to 55. Just needed a few more steps and a rag 4 came flying in aggressive and messed the whole thing up.   Have 1 more day. Biggest bull so far is 320ish. Fun hunt but we blew it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Adicted said:

Long story short.  My sons hunt.  Missed a good bull at 30 yds, he hit a branch. Got on 4-5 decent bulls with in 80 and just couldnt seal the deal. Very frustrating. 2 bulls came into calls and just a no-go. Bulls bugle for first hour and zip.  We had a few chances and the boy just couldnt seal it. Rained all day today but got on a nice 6 this morning. Called bull to 55. Just needed a few more steps and a rag 4 came flying in aggressive and messed the whole thing up.   Have 1 more day. Biggest bull so far is 320ish. Fun hunt but we blew it. 

Sounds like it has been a good hunt so far! Good luck tomorrow….luck can change in a moments notice 👊

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adicted said:

You’ll get it don’t tomorrow I think 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 7:05 PM, Adicted said:

Any update? Bummer it didn’t work out for you but sounds like some great action all around