Sign in to follow this  
Redman

AT&T or Verizon - which is better for hunting

Cell phone boosters are very cheap relative to a year of chitty service and paying for it....

Verizon no question if no booster.   

Have to agree with the sentiment here, Verizon has better coverage, hands down. I was with Sprint for 15 years.

Wife wanted to switch for some deal and I've been happy about the switch every since.

Out in the deep woods I can always seem to get a signal when I need it whether using apps or making phone calls.

My son was up at Camp Geronimo this summer with BSA and we were told that there was zero signal. Yet he called

every morning and night right from his tent. 

I'm the last person to shill for any corporation but the truth is just that.

Those who have Verizon and are concerned on pricing, while also having an internet provider such as Cox cable....you may want to cancel Cox internet and switch to Verizon home 5G. I did that and it's bundled in with my cell phone bill. Cox was at $110 a month, Verizon internet now down to $35 a month, no contracts, no data limits, and 3 year price guarantee. So far so good, I work from home in the software biz and the internet connection quality is faster and more reliable than it was with Cox cable. 

Not trying to pimp out Verizon internet, but it's a good way to cut costs if you are concerned with their cell phone prices. And yes, I whole heartedly agree with rural coverage. Verizon gets better coverage in remote areas than T-Mobile or AT&T..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dmoto said:

Those who have Verizon and are concerned on pricing, while also having an internet provider such as Cox cable....you may want to cancel Cox internet and switch to Verizon home 5G. I did that and it's bundled in with my cell phone bill. Cox was at $110 a month, Verizon internet now down to $35 a month, no contracts, no data limits, and 3 year price guarantee. So far so good, I work from home in the software biz and the internet connection quality is faster and more reliable than it was with Cox cable. 

Not trying to pimp out Verizon internet, but it's a good way to cut costs if you are concerned with their cell phone prices. And yes, I whole heartedly agree with rural coverage. Verizon gets better coverage in remote areas than T-Mobile or AT&T..

Do an Internet speed test and please let me know your speeds.  I recently started looking into Verizon internet, but am curious on speeds

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmoto said:

That is a good savings. COX is charging me $74.99 for internet and I use them for email which I suppose I would loose by switching right?

Pic of the most recent speed test (mind you my Verizon Internet Gateway is plugged into a USB-C docking station, then my PC is plugged into that). You'll probably need to check your area, as it's pulling internet access from a 5G tower near my place in Dobson Ranch.

If it were me, I'd ditch the Cox email address and run a free Gmail address. Or if you need the space, pay an extra $1 a month for more memory.

image.png.956b592ce7aff4ccd06029eaa293de91.png

• Like 1
  • Wow! 2

1 hour ago, dmoto said:

Pic of the most recent speed test (mind you my Verizon Internet Gateway is plugged into a USB-C docking station, then my PC is plugged into that). You'll probably need to check your area, as it's pulling internet access from a 5G tower near my place in Dobson Ranch.

If it were me, I'd ditch the Cox email address and run a free Gmail address. Or if you need the space, pay an extra $1 a month for more memory.

That's great speeds, thanks for posting them.  I recently switched to cox because century link stinks.  Cox is good, but overly expensive imo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmoto said:

5X faster than COX.

• Confused 1

5g sucks no matter who you're with. Few years back I upgraded phones so I could get in the 5g bandwagon.

I'll take 4g LTE over 5g every day of the week.

2 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

5g sucks no matter who you're with. Few years back I upgraded phones so I could get in the 5g bandwagon.

I'll take 4g LTE over 5g every day of the week.

Really? Why's it suck?

25 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Really? Why's it suck?

In my experience it's not nearly as fast as 4g.

Also, the transition between 4g and 5g, going from one to the other has usually resulted in a temporary (like 5 minutes, or until airplane mode) loss of signal.

• Thanks 1