Cheaha

Recommendations for Lodging around 3B?

I have a late season muzzleloader tag for 3B and need some advice or recommendations for lodging. I am looking at AirB&Bs in the Show Low area but not sure that is the best base of operations. Can anyone recommend a good place to stay which would be close to 3B and also hunter friendly? I know this is late planning but I had made other arrangements which have now fallen through. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Tenting it sucks on late season hunts...  wish I could help, but don't know the area.  I know some guys rent trailers on here.  

• Like 1

LOL, I am bringing a tent and will be prepared for camping, but I have to make concessions to my family's comfort to make this trip happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Redman said:

VRBO- tons of places - 

+1 we rented a place for a weekend that was maybe 5 min drive to forest land in 3B. Of course that depends on where exactly you plan to hunt too. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the recommendation of VRBO. We have a house we list on AirB&B so naturally I looked there, but I will check out VRBO too. Good to know I am looking in the right place.

2 minutes ago, WhtMtnHunter said:

How much do you want to spend?

Probably gonna want to find something on or near Porter Mtn Road.

I am willing to drop some cash, but not looking for opulence either. Thanks for the tip, I will see if I can find something in that area!

15 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I’ve stayed at the double B lodge a few times. Owners welcome hunters and the rooms are nice and clean.

11 minutes ago, eastvalleyjerry said:

Stayed at the double b last year on the same hunt, great place. 

i prefer the nine pines motel. its across the street from the den. but the double b is walking distance to the lodge as well. 

• Like 2

Double B cabins are used to be fairly reasonable…..some of them have kitchens, etc.  might be worth a call.