Cheaha

Recommendations for Lodging around 3B?

On 10/4/2022 at 9:35 AM, trphyhntr said:

i prefer the nine pines motel. its across the street from the den. but the double b is walking distance to the lodge as well. 

Breakfast at Johnny’s and liquid supper at the den.

• Like 2

Awesome recommendations! Thanks everyone. 

Those cabins at Double B look like what we need. For those of you who have stayed there, any problem parking with a small ATV trailer there?

Or should I just leave the ATV at home? I've read elsewhere on here that a good 4wd truck is preferred. I definitely don't want to tow a trailer out there only to find no use for the ATV.

19 minutes ago, Cheaha said:

Those cabins at Double B look like what we need. For those of you who have stayed there, any problem parking with a small ATV trailer there?

Or should I just leave the ATV at home? I've read elsewhere on here that a good 4wd truck is preferred. I definitely don't want to tow a trailer out there only to find no use for the ATV.

I wouldn’t bring it. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Cheaha said:

Plenty of parking at Double B, I had my sxs up there last year on the December hunt and it’s not bad if the weather is decent. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cheaha said:

I can’t think of one place in 3B you would need an ATV, as long as you have a 4WD vehicle for inclement weather.  I live here year round and my jeep or truck goes anywhere I need to on these dirt roads.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BOHNTR said:

I can’t think of one place in 3B you would need an ATV, as long as you have a 4WD vehicle for inclement weather.  I live here year round and my jeep or truck goes anywhere I need to on these dirt roads.  

From what I have seen. They get used alot in Woodhouse habitat area. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, idgaf said:

From what I have seen. They get used alot in Woodhouse habitat area. 

An ATV in the Woolhouse?  I’ve never seen one in there…..ever….and I’m in there quite a bit.  

• Like 1

Thanks again for the well-considered advice. It sounds like an ATV might be useful but not necessary. Considering I will be in a 4wd truck in good shape and the added cost/hassle of towing from Alabama, I am going to leave it at home. 

Another question, do I need snow chains? Again, from Alabama, never even seen them for sale here, so I will have to order them.

1 minute ago, Cheaha said:

Thanks again for the well-considered advice. It sounds like an ATV might be useful but not necessary. Considering I will be in a 4wd truck in good shape and the added cost/hassle of towing from Alabama, I am going to leave it at home. 

Another question, do I need snow chains? Again, from Alabama, never even seen them for sale here, so I will have to order them.

I have a pair in both vehicles at all times during winter.  I’ve needed them a few times, but if you don’t have them, you’ll probably need them.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BOHNTR said:

An ATV in the Woolhouse?  I’ve never seen one in there…..ever….and I’m in there quite a bit.  

Are you in there during shed hunting season?  Lots of ATV's in there during that time.  Also the rancher has full run of the place to run ATV's, UTV's, and Trucks anywhere he wants in the Woolhouse.  I've 'heard" you can pay a ranch hand $100 to retrieve an elk with his Polaris Ranger.  

Don't really need an ATV in 3B.  Very very doubtful you will need chains either unless we get another once in 30 years winter, but you never know!

• Like 1