Sign in to follow this  
218buck

Statewide Coues Tag

Great buck. Did you gut him and them put him in a freezer to take pictures the following day? I really am curious what the cooler temps need to be to keep meat overnight? Thanks for the help.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cjl2010 said:

Great buck. Did you gut him and them put him in a freezer to take pictures the following day? I really am curious what the cooler temps need to be to keep meat overnight? Thanks for the help.

I’m a little surprised a guide wouldn’t know how to cape a critter out for a lifesize mount?  

• Like 1

What a giant!! Congratulations on a superb buck and thank you, thank you for sharing.  I know most people probably saw it on social media but I love seeing them on this awesome site.  

1 hour ago, cjl2010 said:

Well it has been low 40s at my place at 6300' and that looks significantly higher. I'm betting it was in the 30s or even lower so yeah I'm sure the meat cooled down just fine without a cooler.  

• Like 1

Wow, that is a toad.  It's an absolutely beautiful Coues, love the color.  I can see why you would want a full-size mount.  Love the trashy antlers too!  (My guess is it was from 23)

9 hours ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

Well it has been low 40s at my place at 6300' and that looks significantly higher. I'm betting it was in the 30s or even lower so yeah I'm sure the meat cooled down just fine without a cooler.  

Crazy how much colder you guys are

27 minutes ago, bigbuckfever said:

Wow, that is a toad.  It's an absolutely beautiful Coues, love the color.  I can see why you would want a full-size mount.  Love the trashy antlers too!  (My guess is it was from 23)

Nice guess, but no..  def. 4B

43 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Nice guess, but no..  def. 4B

Honestly could be FourBee.  The biggest coues I’ve ever seen was up there.  

What an amazing buck! He's absolutely gorgeous! Congrats man. I'm not typically a full-body mount fan, but for that one I can see it - silver with dark antlers - awesome. Not gonna post my guess where he's from because I might be right 😁

Those dark horns against the light colored coat are amazing. Congrats 

• Like 1