Sign in to follow this  
couesdeerhntr

My bear quest continues!

Not going to lie this spot and stalk otc bear has it in for me.past few years i have had great luck finding bears and this year was not any different and I finally got some shots off but missed my mark. Saw eight bears and two cubs in a day and a half but every time i tried to get close i could never pic them up again. Finally i spotted one well over a mile away and decided to haul butt over to it. Bear country is no joke and i got my butt kicked getting there. I set up and got my cross hairs on the bear. But had to pull off and dry heave a few times from exhaustion and adrenaline  and try and regroup. With the adrenaline and up and down a few ridges and a big canyon i was not ready i guess. Tried to get steady best i can and I squeezed off a few. All three shots over the bears back and he was gone. Learning experience for sure. It got the best of me this time but i am dialing in my bear skills and locations and hopefully next year it will happen. Few pics to share. All from august 

2F13DC36-9103-4609-8715-D254546A76ED.png

FA5430F9-DF1A-4D88-9A2D-F0C5502DA11F.jpeg

• Like 3

Dang I’m sure it stings a bit not connecting with the shot, but overall sounds like you got into some good bear country. Next year you’ll connect all the dots I’m sure. Pretty cool you saw so many bears!

On 10/22/2022 at 9:09 AM, Jfos said:

Hope it eventually works out for you.

You hunting solo, or do you have people helping you out.

No i got a buddy that is hitting the hills with me. He made a stock on a bear also and got to 715 yards of it  and was set up for a shot with me watching  thru the binos but the bear never stopped and dropped into another canyon and we could never pick him up again.