bowhunter-tw

Rifle options - recommendations wanted

Ive been told the tikka action is smoother and feeds better, if that is true I think that alone would be worth going with the tikka, but that also could be biased. I really need to just go handle both of them somewhere

Tikka's are tough to beat for the $.  Down sides are there is only one action size and the bottom metal and magazine are plastic.   However, the action will be smooth as glass and will feed/cycle effortlessly.  The factory trigger is pretty decent as well and the barrels typically shoot good and clean easy.  It doesn't hurt that the .223 barrels are 1 in 8 twist.

Ruger American stock and magazine are a joke. Have no idea how you guys can enjoy shooting those. The bolt and the trigger are almost as bad. I get it, they’re pretty accurate. But cot dam those are some junky feeling guns. Takes all the fun out of it 

6 hours ago, bowhunter-tw said:

Ive been told the tikka action is smoother and feeds better, if that is true I think that alone would be worth going with the tikka, but that also could be biased. I really need to just go handle both of them somewhere

If you've never handled a tikka, you need to. I have owned several over the years and I regret selling everyone of them. They are nice rifles and all the ones I owned were very accurate. If I bought a factory gun, it would be a tikka.  

17 minutes ago, briant_az said:

If you've never handled a tikka, you need to. I have owned several over the years and I regret selling everyone of them. They are nice rifles and all the ones I owned were very accurate. If I bought a factory gun, it would be a tikka.  

I've never owned one but have shot several through barrel break in and sight in.

I would not hesitate on buying one and every Tikka I've shot has been a sub-moa shooter right out of the box.

Incredibly smooth action for a factory set up.

46 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Ruger American stock and magazine are a joke. Have no idea how you guys can enjoy shooting those. The bolt and the trigger are almost as bad. I get it, they’re pretty accurate. But cot dam those are some junky feeling guns. Takes all the fun out of it 

Can be any worse than an Axis. I almost bought one but didn't like the rubbery feeling of the stock. A good friend has one in 6CM and has wacked a bunch of Coues with it.