stanley

Early Hunt Reports????

Surprised that there hasn't been any 'trophy' pics posted from the past weekend's early hunts.  My crew did our usual hunt and ended up killing a couple.  Had a couple of old friends come in from out of state to join my son and I & some local friends.  Buddy from Utah killed a 2x3 and my son killed a nice 3x3 with good eye guards.  

Was a great time!

Anyone else have some luck on the early hunts?

S.

Two bucks.jpg

• Like 22

Good work! Great to see the little ones on successful hunts.

Nothing yet for me up in 20A. Hunted mainly the south end (Hooper and Towers) and all does so far, no bucks. Headed over SW of Mayer on Friday. If anyone has any tips, I'm all ears and can trade spot info on turkeys in that area or spots in 5A for upcoming elk hunts. 😉

• Like 1

I’ve seen a couple of nice bucks on Instagram…but yeah I noticed not many posted here. Good luck to everyone still out but leave at least one for the next hunt. 😁

• Like 1

Way to go Stan! 
sounds like a great time in the Coues hills. The success makes it even sweeter. That’s a pretty buck that your son took. 
Nicely done my friend. 

• Like 1

I struggled. Not much deer movement at all, especially friday through sunday. Missed a big buck on monday, my buddy and i doubled up on a couple decent bucks this morning. All in all, it was a very tough year for me. 

• Like 5

That’s awesome Stanley! Way to go! Sounds like a good time with friends and family. And congrats to everyone else who tagged out so far. Good luck to everyone else still grinding

• Like 1

Assisted a new hunter a couple days.  Grass was chest high at some of my favorite spots.  A lot of wind and weather down here as well.  He did get a shot and missed but it was a tough shot.  Didn't here too many rifles go off and didn't see as many people as I expected.  

• Like 4