I mentioned this in an earlier post but to the point of your video - we saw more garbage and established trails this year than any year previous. Not just in pick up points where you find a pile but literally everywhere we hiked. So to cover miles and miles of back country with garbage - tells you the amount of people that must be coming through.   

busiest it's ever been and going to get busier in next few weeks as Title 42 is phased out.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jdown said:

I mentioned this in an earlier post but to the point of your video - we saw more garbage and established trails this year than any year previous. Not just in pick up points where you find a pile but literally everywhere we hiked. So to cover miles and miles of back country with garbage - tells you the amount of people that much be coming through.   

There used to be volunteer 'ranch trash pick-up' days on occasion, way back in the old days.  Used to drag my kids down there to participate when they were younger.  Does anyone know if that is still happening on any kind of regular basis?

Unfortunately, even when filling-up large containers with trash it was hard to make much of a dent, but still curious if that is still going on.

33 minutes ago, stanley said:

There used to be volunteer 'ranch trash pick-up' days on occasion, way back in the old days.  Used to drag my kids down there to participate when they were younger.  Does anyone know if that is still happening on any kind of regular basis?

Unfortunately, even when filling-up large containers with trash it was hard to make much of a dent, but still curious if that is still going on.

Always made me wonder where the Sierra Club is when you need them :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jdown said:

I mentioned this in an earlier post but to the point of your video - we saw more garbage and established trails this year than any year previous. Not just in pick up points where you find a pile but literally everywhere we hiked. So to cover miles and miles of back country with garbage - tells you the amount of people that much be coming through.   

On that same trip.....we got buzzed by a green chopper while glassing from a high point and we got buzzed by a chopper at night while in camp. And to your point....the amount of people to create that much garbage in the rugged terrain of that area............incredible.

• Like 1

Glassing 30b early am last week glassed a couple dudes. Told the bp operator of the tower we were near and a chopper was there in ten minutes hovering.  Was pretty cool to see. No green stripe on the chopper.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Imagine bedding a buck only to have it blown out by illegal immigrants. Hard to believe that’s something to deal with. 

Happened to me. It was then three more loads at exactly an hour apart on same line. I got outta there especially when weapons started showing up on some of them...

14 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Glassing 30b early am last week glassed a couple dudes. Told the bp operator of the tower we were near and a chopper was there in ten minutes hovering.  Was pretty cool to see. No green stripe on the chopper.  

Be careful with that. They are listening most likely. 

9 minutes ago, Big or Bust said:

Happened to me. It was then three more loads at exactly an hour apart on same line. I got outta there especially when weapons started showing up on some of them...

Freaky 

Hunted 29 alot in the 80's and 90's down by Portal and BP always had groups of them sitting on the side of the road.

6 hours ago, Big or Bust said:

Be careful with that. They are listening most likely. 

What do you mean?

19 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

What do you mean?

I think he's saying snitches get stitches... haha

20 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

What do you mean?

Lots of the scouts are tapped into radio and phones. Call them in but get out of the area first so your vehicle isn't associated with the call. They keep notes...