It's been hot and heavy for 2 years now. Prime weather for activity and water everywhere. They know it too ..

• Like 1

We saw 3 different groups or individuals in 4 days and there is litter everywhere.  Every trail, drainage, road. It’s disappointing to say the least.  

1 hour ago, jdown said:

We saw 3 different groups or individuals in 4 days and there is litter everywhere.  Every trail, drainage, road. It’s disappointing to say the least.  

Which unit were you in?

Nothing in 35a that we saw…I’d rather see a bunch of illegals than all the Jeeps and SxS driving everywhere. I guess there was some sort of charity event and it was non-stop one day. 

Not counting glassing Sasabe nor Arivaca road, I saw five total unique BP vehicles over 8 days being down in 36B. Saw 1-2 helicopters but do not know if they were BP or military (lots of military planes which was nice). Does give the impression that BP has been told to stay away (may not be fair but that is just the impression that I got).

Not much migrant crossing (why bother the desert for most of them) but quite a bit of "product" is coming north. Saw multiple groups of vehicles and individuals going north "loaded". Did see lots of fresh sign along well manicured smuggling trails (easier to use than some deer/cattle trails). Crazy but some spots looks like they brought in gardening equipment (ex: trimmers). Some very fresh food and beverage containers as well as the lingering scent of humans. Quite a few recently discarded backpacks and clothing (must have used Tide as the colors were nor faded); didn't rummage through them due to concerns (maybe overblown) of fentanyl.

Stay vigilant if going down (like always). Probably best to stay in established campgrounds to reduce the risk of accidentally having north-bound traffic bump into your camp in the middle of the night.

EDIT: Bring a wind meter. I forgot mine and blew a wind call. Ugh.

Edited by FrustratedMonk
Additional info

We focused on the far West side of 36 , talking with BP , green product is very slow coming across , mostly speedy Gonzalez with fentanyl. Green stuff is legal and very available in Az , so why carry 40 # of green 

Yes that crazy with military training of no light flights and all the drones in October hunt . 
But I felt safer this year , then most . 
Finally went and saw the boarder wall 

What a joke ! I was blown away   Boarder wall would run 3/4 of mile and there would be a 30’ of void space for wildlife to go into Mexico and back . Every wash for water flow , had opening  , from Az/ Mexico   . Illegals had no problem, walking in . I think everyone, needs to see it . 
Grass was crazy high and made it very difficult to glass ! Very easy to disappear and shoot prone , for long shots 

But over all , it was a great hunt this year 

Realistically the real smugglers only run a few routes, and most of that country is gnarly and tough to access by vehicle.  They can't risk getting caught, otherwise the cartels will get rid of them and everyone they know.... 

Most of the people you see are illegals, they cross anywhere and are likely to avoid you anyways and start running, maybe steal your crap from camp.

I think I have shared this before but because of transposed numbers on a paper app back in 07 we ended up with tags in 36b.

This was where I became very ......................... enlightened about the border issues even though I grew up 70 miles north of the border in New Mexico.

These are pictures I took on that trip and incidentally because of the transposed numbers I google coues white tail in Arizona and began the long journey of reading great stories on CouesWhitetail.com.

• Like 1