zackcarp

Friends Matter

13 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Great looking buck.  Nice work guys.  Kevin- not that it really matters, what did this buck end up scoring, looks like you were a little light on your first impression.

Zacks gonna measure.  High 80s for sure might go a little over 90.  I think I need to work on field judging behind the glass.  

Glad she felt up to hunting. Avoiding gluten will help alot of people feel better. Great deer!

Buck scord 96 5/8. The best part, we tried to bag a spike before making it to this buck. We weren't horn hunting by any means, but it just happen to work out with a dandy.

Unfortunately, its just not a feel good thing for her when it comes to gluten. A sandwich can put her in bed for a week. Its been rough but she's been a trooper.

• Like 4
  • Wow! 2

That is so freaking awesome! Super excited for you and your daughter! So happy you guys were able to tag out. I’m sure it was awesome seeing the excitement from your daughter! And kudos to Kev on helping you tag out, he’s always been great to me with advice and help. Congratulations all around

Brings a smile to a man's face.

Happy to read about members helping other members.

Perfect title for the post too.

Nice buck, cute kid, proud Dad.

Great buck!!!

On a side note, all my 3 kids are GF (celiac disease) now going on 16 yrs. At first it was tough, especially when there were birthday parties or events that had cake, cookies & pizza. There is so much out there now to make it more enjoyable for your children and the adults having to make desserts to allow your child to be part of the party. If you or your spouse can bake, that’s the way to go and make some really good tasting treats. Going out to restaurants has kinda of come to end, but the restaurants do have some items that are GF, be careful because most staff ask but don't get the whole GF sensitivity that effects the kiddos and their internal complications that gluten does to them. It’s not the end of the world, you’ll find out you and your family will most likely feel better from staying away from most gluten items. I still enjoy a nice pizza, Italian hoagie and a good frosty beer but for the most part we are a GF household.

What a great bond time with Daughter and CWT member! Family times like this will be retold for generations. I tip my hat to all three of you on the find, execution of shot, and time devoted to the hunt. Super!

22 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Great buck!!!

On a side note, all my 3 kids are GF (celiac disease) now going on 16 yrs. At first it was tough, especially when there were birthday parties or events that had cake, cookies & pizza. There is so much out there now to make it more enjoyable for your children and the adults having to make desserts to allow your child to be part of the party. If you or your spouse can bake, that’s the way to go and make some really good tasting treats. Going out to restaurants has kinda of come to end, but the restaurants do have some items that are GF, be careful because most staff ask but don't get the whole GF sensitivity that effects the kiddos and their internal complications that gluten does to them. It’s not the end of the world, you’ll find out you and your family will most likely feel better from staying away from most gluten items. I still enjoy a nice pizza, Italian hoagie and a good frosty beer but for the most part we are a GF household.

Yeah thats the hard part, trial and error. Some items that you think are GF are not. But we feel like we are starting to get a handle on it the last few months.