Sign in to follow this  
Hoss50

Hunters Safety Field Day

Can more people please email AZGFD about getting more hunters safety course field days on the calendar for Maricopa County. If we all reach out maybe we will be heard. I just finished sending them a politely frustrated email about not having any courses locally and having to drive to Tucson or farther to get my son in a class before his Javelina hunt and elk draw are due. Tucson has 3 courses available online, but Maricopa county only has 2... Come on, we need better. Maybe they need to explore the idea of letting a 3rd party entity put on the course for a fee. I would gladly pay $50 or $100 to have my son do the class locally instead of having to drive to Tucson or farther to get a course. I will spend $100 in diesel fuel to get to the Tucson course plus spend 4-5 hours in the truck driving there an back... 

Here is the email address if you need it. 

azhuntereducation@azgfd.gov

• Like 1

A lot of those classes being put on out side of lil Cali are done by volunteers. But yes, I think we all feel the frustration you are having.

Was in the same boat years back.  The guys running the course were nice enough to just let us show up and take the class  since the boy had a hunt coming up

2 hours ago, HyNoon said:

I'm in the same boat ... they said my kid could still hunt with out it this year when I called and asked.

Ya, they told me that also. I really would like him to have his bonus point for hunters ed for the elk draw though. They won't give it to them until they take the field day. 

• Like 1

People can also use this email address to inquire about volunteering as a hunter safety instructor: azhuntereducation@azgfd.gov

More volunteers = more classes. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Siwash said:

People can also use this email address to inquire about volunteering as a hunter safety instructor: azhuntereducation@azgfd.gov

More volunteers = more classes. 

If you're going to inquire on those regards, then please pressure them to get New Instructor Trainings (NITs) up and running again.  We're short across the state, in part because of the new training requirements and the HE program is the only volunteer program in AGFD that is NOT training new volunteers.  We keep asking them to get NITs up and running so we can have more instructors and, therefore, have more classes up here in Flagstaff, but we keep getting told not right now.