Wnn135

Mandatory reporting

Just wondering how many think that there should be mandatory reporting of kills, like in new mexico, no report, no putting in for tags. I know they have the archers doing it now, but this year I have seen a lot of posts of people with rifle tags saying that they had multiple tags in the family, some 5 and  6 tags and they all tagged out. Most people don’t return the survey.

I just completed the online survey for my daughters deer. I like it. Doing our part to help manage the herd. This was the first time I saw them asking if it was an Adult deer or spike, then asked how many points each antler had. 

I absolutely am for mandatory reporting. I'm mainly a bowhunter. bowhunter harvest limits are supposed to be 20% of the total. Without mandatory reporting for all, what are the totals? They're just making a guess! I'm sure us bowhunters are probably getting the weiner!

• Like 1

Can't imagine there's anyone at the department that could build a system for it. They can barely manage the draws.

Nobody at the department should ever build a system for anything. They are a wildlife agency not a tech or software company. 

But yes every tag should be mandatory reporting. Currently they are just guessing.  They make archery mandatory reporting, and base harvest for archery off of a percentage of total harvest, but they literally don't know what the total harvest is.

Lol how is that possible?  Why is there no accountability for that?  

• Like 1

Yeah I’d support mandatory reporting before being allowed to apply like NM. Of course it would still be an honor system but better than nothing. I always report anyway, but I know a lot of folks don’t. 

Yes, I am ok with mandatory reporting. 

8 hours ago, bigorange said:

Yeah I’d support mandatory reporting before being allowed to apply like NM. Of course it would still be an honor system but better than nothing. I always report anyway, but I know a lot of folks don’t. 

Good intent. But, AZGFD's IT Dept is a train wreck and has been for decades. They can't even get tags issued in the draw, so what happens "if" these good ole boys  and their flunkies loose your report and you get locked out from the next draw because they don't have your report info?

If they are really doing boots on the ground or heilo surveys they should know the game population. Or not.