My Rights As An American

Verizon wireless home internet??? Tired of Cox.

1 minute ago, BOWUNTR said:

Get starlink.... everything else will soon be obsolete. Ed F

So he can pay more for slower speeds?

Verizon internet is good not great. I live in a small house but I work from home and enjoy netflix while working and have no issues. I ditched cox too and have not noticed a difference (I had cox's lower package, 30 mbps).

Those who have Verizon and are concerned on pricing, while also having an internet provider such as Cox cable....you may want to cancel Cox internet and switch to Verizon home 5G. I did that and it's bundled in with my cell phone bill. Cox was at $110 a month, Verizon internet now down to $35 a month, no contracts, no data limits, and 3 year price guarantee. So far so good, I work from home in the software biz and the internet connection quality is faster and more reliable than it was with Cox cable. 

Not trying to pimp out Verizon internet, but it's a good way to cut costs if you are concerned with their cell phone prices. And yes, I whole heartedly agree with rural coverage. Verizon gets better coverage in remote areas than T-Mobile or AT&T..

image.thumb.png.b9575d9db3f271f8aac0e0524ae3feb3.png

Its ok.

If you are just doing normal household things like internet and movies, etc its fine.

If you are trying to do things that require upload speed you won't like it. 

Its super easy to set up.

Good timing for your thread My Rights. Going to follow this for sure.

I, too, am tiring of Cox even though it is highly reliable(especially since I've been WFH for 2.5 + years) but our $222/month bill (2 set top boxes and Internet) has been wearing on me for some time and I want to find an alernative.

Eddie

• Like 2

i cancelled cox 2 years ago. they kept jacking up the price, at one point i was paying $ 280.00 a month for phone, internet and cable, i tried to stay with them and they said that if i change plans will cost me more, so i went with century link for internet which is not as fast but i don'r work from home, just a couple of things and so far i've been happy with it, for tv service i have youtube tv and is great.

cox is abbusive with their pricing, now the send me offers for $129.00 a month for what i got before, if they would have done that at the beggining i would have stay with them.

right now i pay $55.00 for century link and $59.00 for the tv.

• Like 2

We swapped from CL to Verizon.  

Went from 13mbs to 300mbs. 

Works great when running online gaming, 2 smart TVs streaming, a computer browsing, and 4 phones on wifi.  

1 hour ago, lancetkenyon said:

We swapped from CL to Verizon.  

Went from 13mbs to 300mbs. 

Works great when running online gaming, 2 smart TVs streaming, a computer browsing, and 4 phones on wifi.  

This is the kind of info I was hoping to hear. Thanks!

• Like 1

We switched to Verizon internet when we upgraded phones. Works great, very pleased. We have a 1800 Sq ft house on a 10,000 square ft lot and get good signal over the whole property. Val Vista and Southern area in Mesa.

• Like 1

we switched to verizon as well...  but...

I aint the most tech savy. so just follow along.  We got the security system reinstalled on the house (somke pecker head kid busted a new window). And the camera peopkle said our stuff was too slow.

So we switched to the faster verizon... everything kinda worked. Loks like we need to get a "mesh system"   Otherwise the verizon system doesnt make a big enough "bubble" to caqtch all the devices from one end of the hous to the other and the kids crap, and wifes home office

I wanted to switch but can't. From what I have been told by my IT guy the Verizon system does not play well with some home automation systems. Our eero mesh will not work nor will our camera system. Verizon requires you to use their stuff. I am stuck with cox for now.