Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Craftsman Ratchet Replacement

My 1/2" Drive gave up the ghost. Does anyone offer a replacement anymore? Can I buy a new set of gears? I was replacing the boot on my fron steering stabilizer and as it turns out it was shot. Probably a 5-10 year old Rancho. I ordered a FOX 2.0 replacement since that's what I am running since I replaced the BIlsteins about three years ago.

I know they don't replace torque wrenches.  Hopefully they will the exchange the ratchet for you. 

Had a Craftsman ratchet stop working earlier this year. Ace Hardware sells them but won't honor the warranty. Lowes will replace it if they have one in stock. I never could find one in the store. I called the Craftsman customer service number on their website and I had a new one shipped to me for free within a week.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

Ace hardware  has them and replaced  my last ratchet. 

I'll try the ACE near my office. Which ACE did you go to?

It was off the 202 in mesa .I went with the Wife to get shots for the dog from the mobile vet that comes there .In fact I've got one that needs replacing  now .There is one by me on Higley or recker. ITS Higley and Guadalupe 

5 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

It was off the 202 in mesa .I went with the Wife to get shots for the dog from the mobile vet that comes there .In fact I've got one that needs replacing  now .There is one by me on Higley or recker. 

Probably Rod's on Higley and Brown.

• Like 1

An old mechanic (dad) told me it is written in the "mechanics manual of hard knocks". Never loosen a bolt or nut with a rachet. Use a breaker bar to loosen then use the ratchet to remove, Burma Shave! LOL!! Ace hardware replaced my rachet recently.