Sign in to follow this  
t church

rem 700

I have a remington 700 25.06 when I take safety off it fires! had a close call elk hunting.

• Wow! 1

I have seen that happen on an Elk hunt. Was it cold? A Rem trigger that is gummed with up with old oil and/or it's really cold can bring out this flaw in their design. Remington triggers have that flaw in it, time for Trigger Tech.

That is a chronic problem with some of the Rem 700. There have been a few fatalities because of it. According to my gunsmith Its a spring issue, gets stiff. I have two both did the same thing. I would suggest changing out the trigger with a Timney trigger. Supper easy fix.

https://riflebasix.com/blog/still-having-issues-with-your-remington-700-trigger/

The Timney is a great trigger and they have been around forever and are here in Phoenix if you decide to go that route. I replaced the trigger in my Savage Axis with a Rifle BAsix and am happy with it.

I bought a barreled action that came with a Timney so I used that to replace the trigger in my 700 I bought in the early 90's. It is set to 3#'s and has never had a single problem. PM me if you are interested in it.

thx. everyone

Timney is here bn in North Phoenix. You can walk right in and buy a trigger direct. I bought one for a weatherby Vanguard. It was actually cheaper than all the online prices. Take cash as they give you a little better price. 

• Like 1

Years ago I bought a used Remington 700 .300 RUM off a friend. It was a stock trigger and he did not tinker with the pull weight. I later learned of the model 700 trigger recall. I went through the whole process of getting an RMA, stripping the gun, and shipping to manuf.’s third party labor. They put a new trigger in it and shipped it back at Remington’s expense. After opening the box I noticed cosmetic white paint (like a paint pen) on the replacement trigger. Several phone calls later to Remington and the third party labor, no one could explain the deliberate paint marking. To settle my conscious I bought a Timney, installed it myself, shot several hundred target rounds (and one pronghorn), never looked back with concern. Timney customer service was great and explained the trigger types avail. Go Timney and go forward with peace of mind. 

On 11/13/2022 at 8:18 AM, NE AZ Guy said:

That is a chronic problem with some of the Rem 700. There have been a few fatalities because of it. According to my gunsmith Its a spring issue, gets stiff. I have two both did the same thing. I would suggest changing out the trigger with a Timney trigger. Supper easy fix.

You have been listening to a lot of lawyers who are Dems. Fatalities are caused by the dumb arse behind the trigger not the trigger. Time for a new brain! LoL!

On 11/13/2022 at 7:41 AM, t church said:

I have a remington 700 25.06 when I take safety off it fires! had a close call elk hunting.

You have an adjustment issue that any gunsmith can easily take care of. Of course you can install a new trigger like a Timney, Jewell, Trigger Tech, etc. You either have a very light pull or a bad sear engagement. Both will cause this. BTW I'd like to buy that Remington 25/06, bad trigger and all!!

On 11/13/2022 at 8:09 AM, bustedknuckleinc said:

I believe Remington had a recall on some of there triggers.

The recall on the Walker trigger was because you couldn't open the bolt with the safety on. The recall trigger allowed you to open the bolt with the safety on. This however didn't prevent an idiot from pulling the trigger before opening the bolt and shooting someone. Remington settled out of court and that put them out of business. Come on guys!! Your trigger finger off the trigger is the best safety!!!

3 hours ago, L Cazador said:

You have been listening to a lot of lawyers who are Dems. Fatalities are caused by the dumb arse behind the trigger not the trigger. Time for a new brain! LoL!

You get into the sauce tonight?  100% there are triggers that AD.  

• Haha 1