richs4839

LTB long range rifle/package or help getting mine dialed in

On 11/13/2022 at 11:26 AM, richs4839 said:

I have been using a Ruger American predator 6.5 cm 22” with a vortex diamondback tactical 6-25x50 scope. Rifle is zeroed at 200 yards using precision hunter eldx 143 grain. I have chronographed the rounds. I just can not get this thing dialed in for farther shots like 600, 700 yards and farther. I want to get into reloading but have not yet. 

I am looking to buy a rifle package that is already dialed in or help with getting mine dialed in for father distances. Let me know what you have and what you are looking for. 

Best to start your conversation with where you're located. You don't have a firearm and scope that is capable of shooting past 500 with factory ammo. If you're located in Tucson I can help you. Seekins, Bergara, Christiansen, are all good rifles but in the upper level of money spent compared to your package.

4 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Which one is he using?

All of the Arken seem to track well. They are built like tanks. Very heavy. They just released a new lighter version.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, loboscout said:

All of the Arken seem to track well. They are built like tanks. Very heavy. They just released a new lighter version.

That's surprising considering there cost.  $400 for A 6-24 is a great buy then.  

They all don’t track, more lemons than a high quality, but they have a no question return policy. If they don’t track, it will normally be a problem out of the box.

Glass is surprisingly good also. Matched or exceeded a Vortex Venom I had. They are the best value budget scope out there I know of.

Of course, it also doesn’t hold a candle to my MK5 or Burris XTRIII clarity. But, the scopes are good enough that I decided to put them on my secondary rifles.

On 11/20/2022 at 9:20 AM, loboscout said:

They all don’t track, more lemons than a high quality, but they have a no question return policy. If they don’t track, it will normally be a problem out of the box.

Glass is surprisingly good also. Matched or exceeded a Vortex Venom I had. They are the best value budget scope out there I know of.

Of course, it also doesn’t hold a candle to my MK5 or Burris XTRIII clarity. But, the scopes are good enough that I decided to put them on my secondary rifles.

Any experience with tracking on the epl line?

On 11/19/2022 at 6:34 PM, L Cazador said:

You don't have a firearm and scope that is capable of shooting past 500 with factory ammo. 

If neither is broken and scope is mounted properly, that statement is horseshit.

• Like 4