Sign in to follow this  
AZJoshua

Help! Value of these war rifles

I am selling these rifles to fund a new project and need some help figuring out the value. I already have a buyer very interested but not sure on a fair price. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

20221108_163802.jpg

20221108_163840.jpg

20221108_164001.jpg

20221108_162436.jpg

20221108_162652.jpg

20221108_162705.jpg

20221108_162714.jpg

Honestly, depends on your serial number. Anything under 800,000 is considered unsafe for modern ammunition. 

But a good rifle in good condition is probably in the ball park of 1200 and above.

• Like 1

SN is in the 8 million, and I have shot this on several occasions.

It in its original  military  condition  makes the value higher  than a sporterized  for sure.Its probably  in the $1200 and up range they are getting  harder to find un-molested.There are a few matches where these are highly  sought after in there  original  shape .

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

It in its original  military  condition  makes the value higher  than a sporterized  for sure.Its probably  in the $1200 and up range they are getting  harder to find un-molested.There are a few matches where these are highly  sought after in there  original  shape .

This ^^.  I can tell just by the fact that its an 03-A3 that its not one of the problem children 03s.  Those were made pre-WWI (well before the 03-A3s)and were known to have rather brittle barrels due to forging the barrels wrong.  All of the Remington's have a 2-groove barrel, which didn't affect their accuracy at all.  Remington and Smith Corona did it to save time and money to get rifles to soldiers faster.  $1200 is a very fair asking price for that rifle.  I have a 1918 Springfield 1903 in mint condition and I know I could get $4-$6k for it if I really wanted to sell it.

• Like 3

Thank you, this is a huge help. You guys are awesome!

Looks like a Jap Type 38 w/Nagoya arsenal bayonet. About $600. The 03/A3 about 800. Both prices depend on bore condition and numbers matching. Condition on both of these is not collector grade, so take what the traffic will bear. 

2 hours ago, L Cazador said:

Looks like a Jap Type 38 w/Nagoya arsenal bayonet. About $600. The 03/A3 about 800. Both prices depend on bore condition and numbers matching. Condition on both of these is not collector grade, so take what the traffic will bear. 

It is marked 03-A3 in one of the pictures