Sign in to follow this  
Green Bullet

World Cup

4 minutes ago, daryl_s said:

What a final that was yesterday! I’m glad Messi could finally win the biggest prize in fútbol!

DD1A36D1-48E5-4BEF-B7EB-0F049677C622.jpeg

I am glad he finally got it.  He is an amazing player.  I actually enjoyed most of the games.  Here's how:  We gave up cable and now just stream.  TUBI is one of the free channels.  They replayed all the games along with summaries in 90 s or in 9 minutes.  The 90 s were really too short, but the 9 minutes seemed just right and gave a good flavor for the matches went.  That last game is quite the time commitment if you were to watch the whole thing.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Big Tub said:

I am glad he finally got it.  He is an amazing player.  I actually enjoyed most of the games.  Here's how:  We gave up cable and now just stream.  TUBI is one of the free channels.  They replayed all the games along with summaries in 90 s or in 9 minutes.  The 90 s were really too short, but the 9 minutes seemed just right and gave a good flavor for the matches went.  That last game is quite the time commitment if you were to watch the whole thing.  

I lived in Argentina for a few years, about a year of that being in Rosario, the hometown of Messi and DiMaria. I saw firsthand the passion that Argentines have for the game of fútbol and that’s how I grew to love the game. In my house we were all on the edge of our seats for the whole game, and what a long one it ended up being. A few years ago Leo Messi made the comment that it was more important for him to be remembered as a good person rather than a good soccer player. How can you not cheer for that kind of guy?!

Just now, daryl_s said:

I lived in Argentina for a few years, about a year of that being in Rosario, the hometown of Messi and DiMaria. I saw firsthand the passion that Argentines have for the game of fútbol and that’s how I grew to love the game. In my house webwere all on the edge of our seats for the whole game, and what a long one it ended up being. A few years ago Leo Messi made the comment that it was more important for him to be remembered as a good person rather than a good soccer player. How can you not cheer for that kind of guy?!

My son's club team had jerseys that match Argentina, so I guess I subconsciously pull for them.  I also seem to hate France and Portugal with their Prima Dona Renaldo, who does not seem to be a nice person and us just plain lazy.  But I am a typical American and cannot seem to commit several hours to watching the entire replays.  

• Like 1

I'll stick with soccer... No offense to you football fans but you can keep it. Be a cold day in heck before i watch another football game. Unless the Cardinals make the superbowl...same scenario though.