muledeerarea33?

Any insurance adjusters on here?

Long story short, totaled my truck about 3 weeks ago, don’t think it was my fault but the insurance companies are arguing that right now. I’m physically not too broken up from what the docs tell me, will find out more in the next few weeks. Question…. They gave me an offer on pay out that I can live with. I was expecting a few grand more but wasn’t counting on it. Any tips for asking for more? 

I'm not an adjuster but have done it before. Look for comps local (or as close as you can find them) and hand them over (as long as they are actually more). Hopefully everything works out, health and insurance wise. 

46 minutes ago, Lucafu1 said:

I'm not an adjuster but have done it before. Look for comps local (or as close as you can find them) and hand them over (as long as they are actually more). Hopefully everything works out, health and insurance wise. 

They did 6 comps. I did the same before I got the offer and averages more $. Mind you I don’t know the condition. Thank you for your reply. Exactly what I was hoping for.

• Like 1

Yep, exactly that. Dealt with the same thing for my sons truck. I also provided several thousands of dollars in receipts for recent repair/maintenance they also took into consideration. I would have liked more, but it was not worth fighting and I believe we were fairly compensated. They also paid me out $1000 for him using my wife's car for a month while they sorted things out. He was 19 at the time and couldn't get a rental.