Len901

Wtb Lapua 6.5 creedmoor srp brass

Good morning everybody wondering if anybody had an extra box to spare thanks len 

Brunos and Sportsmans deer valley had in stock. Brunos 14% off black friday discount! By the way don't buy small rifle primer brass unless you have small rifle firing pin in your rifle bolt. You'll have ignition problems. 

i checked there they were out of stock couple places have large but not small 

3 hours ago, L Cazador said:

Brunos and Sportsmans deer valley had in stock. Brunos 14% off black friday discount! By the way don't buy small rifle primer brass unless you have small rifle firing pin in your rifle bolt. You'll have ignition problems. 

Interesting.  I will have to check my 6 rifles that shoot SRPs and see what firing pins they have.  

Two Lone Peak Fuzions (6CM & .260AI)

Two Defiance Deviant (Tac & GA Hunter) (25CM & 6.5CM)

A Kelbly Nanook (25CM)

Savage Axis (6.5CM)

46 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

Interesting.  I will have to check my 6 rifles that shoot SRPs and see what firing pins they have.  

Two Lone Peak Fuzions (6CM & .260AI)

Two Defiance Deviant (Tac & GA Hunter) (25CM & 6.5CM)

A Kelbly Nanook (25CM)

Savage Axis (6.5CM)

My 260 AI , 6CM, 6X47 Lapua,, 6BR and my 6.5 CM all have had the bolts bushed and firing pins turned down to .062". Problems occur when you're at the top end of the load. Blanked or partial blanking. Gre-tan in Colorado does an excellent job of bushing bolt and turning firing pins. I'd say the Axis probably doesn't. Of course if you didn't specify when you bought your custom actions they may have large firing pins. 

7 hours ago, L Cazador said:

I've shot around 200 hand loads in 6.5cm Lapua srp brass with gm205m primers in a stock Tikka T3x with no issues at all? Heard of needing smaller decapping pin due to smaller flash hole but not a smaller firing pin.

1 hour ago, 07Guardian said:

I've shot around 200 hand loads in 6.5cm Lapua srp brass with gm205m primers in a stock Tikka T3x with no issues at all? Heard of needing smaller decapping pin due to smaller flash hole but not a smaller firing pin.

Every rifle is different and so are reloading techniques. It isn't worth the damage that it can cause. 

yes if i cant find lapua im going to get some alpha ive heard good things about them