DotShot

Wife’s First mule Deer

So after chasing mule deer in Dec/Jan archery my wife decided she wanted to try her luck on a desert mule deer during the general hunt. We’ve chased these deer only during archery and had decided to keep tabs through the years. We finally felt we had a solid plan so off we went. We got to her u it the afternoon before and set up camp then went out to glass. On our way to our glassing spot we came across a groups of 4 bucks hanging out in the area we were goi g to focus on. 
     We got up early Opening morning and my wife and son got ready and headed to the area we had chosen to be at sunrise. I went to the glassing spot. At about 0611 I glasses up a group of 5 bucks, one of which was a definite shooter. Once they had formulated and approach everything just worked out perfect. I was bummed I couldn’t be with her when she shot but having just had hernia surgery a week earlier I was relegated to glass duty. 312 yard offhand shot with her 300WSM and the rest is history. Super proud of her!

7F91CAF1-A1CC-4CE8-8CB6-72BE513EA9F7.jpeg

93FB91C0-B4B1-40D5-A856-1C79F52593AC.jpeg

1A3567E2-6E0B-4FFD-BE57-C43B8D9DE23D.jpeg

E26ED0FA-B871-477B-8106-20695E219EA1.jpeg

• Like 35
  • Great Buck! 6
  • Wow! 3

What a buck!!!!  Congrats on the wife

That’s a beautiful buck! Congratulations!