Sign in to follow this  
Hoss50

Things to do in Tucson w/10yr old?

It appears that since AZGFD can't provide enough field days for children in Phoenix I get to take a trip with my 10yr old down to Tucson to take the class. 

We are probably going to come down a day early and do a quick guys day in Tucson on Friday, and take class Saturday. 

What would be something fun/cool to do with a 10yr old on an afternoon? 

Pima Air Museum?

Any really good places to eat?

Thanks!

Pima air museum or Sonoran desert museum or SCI wild animal museum or kartchnrr caverns 

mi nidito

• Like 1

Guillermo's Double L if you like Mexican.

Another Mexican restaurant, El Guerro Canelo, for Saguaro Dogs. Great for a lunch.

Taco Fish on 12th just North of Irvington. Great ceviche.

Silver Saddle for an affordable steak, lunch or dinner.

Titan Missile Museum in Green Valley.

• Like 1

For outdoor activity try sabino canyon.  My daughter went with out of town family over thanksgiving and they got in the water.  She said it was freezing but sooooo much fun.  Ride the trolly to the top and walk back as much as you want.  

• Like 1

Probably need reservations for Karchner,  get dialing. Air museum, Titan silo, boneyard etc. 

• Like 1

Curves. Just kidding, I think they ID. 

Top golf is always fun and there’s a new indoor rock climbing business next to it.  

Kinda funny that I live in Tucson and had to travel to Safford, Sierra Vista and Phoenix to attend classes because Tucson wasn’t offering any. 

I guess u could visit U of A and look at the territorial cup on display. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

All of my usual recommendations have been covered. Saguaro National Park is cool too or maybe a drive to the top of Mt Lemmon…might even be some snow to play in depending on when you’re here.

I agree it’s ironic that Tucson is your only option….I ended up going to Phx and Sierra Vista for ours since none available in Tucson at the time. 

22 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Reid park zoo,.pinnacle peak for steak and a train ride.  Make him wear a tie.

Definitely on Pinnacle Peak and wearing a tie…my kids still talk about that. LoL

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Definitely on Pinnacle Peak and wearing a tie…my kids still talk about that. LoL

+1 on this one - the magic shop has the guy do tricks in front of you and there's a few other activities

Air and Space museum is excellent and you wont see it all

If you guys shoot bows for $3 each you can walk the target courses in Tucson Mountain park

Hike up Piccacho peak on the way down to Tucson, it's an awesome hike and amazing views and there's a DQ right across the way for the reward

If you are up for a little drive - consider AZ Zipline adventure (check availability online), it's a cool experience and the kids loved it and depending on the weekend they might have a grill your own night where you can bring your steak and they provide drinks, music, and you can even camp there overnight.

For japanese food - Kukai (Mt Fuji Don Bowl) has a outside bar area
For burgers - currently digging love-burger downtown
For sandwiches - Beyond Bread
For BBQ - Brother Johns is awesome
For breakfast on a budget - Franks
For breakfast with a bit more $- 5 points or Cafe A La Cart
For mexican there's tons, but currently liking toto's

For something different the ethiopian place in 5 points is awesome

• Like 1

My kids liked the international wildlife museum, titan missile silo, and Sonoran desert museum. If you like old westerns Old Tucson used to be fun, looks like they just reopened after being closed for two years. For food we like sonoran dogs at El Guerro Canelo, sandwiches at Barrio Charo, Amy's Donuts, and breakfast burritos at Barista Del Barrio.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hoss50 said:

It appears that since AZGFD can't provide enough field days for children in Phoenix I get to take a trip with my 10yr old down to Tucson to take the class. 

We are probably going to come down a day early and do a quick guys day in Tucson on Friday, and take class Saturday. 

What would be something fun/cool to do with a 10yr old on an afternoon? 

Pima Air Museum?

Any really good places to eat?

Thanks!

You could take him dove hunting around Marana (check your Onx) and have Lil’ Abners or take him quail hunting north of Oracle Jct, hit the street tacos in Oro valley. Not sure which side of town your staying on, but a day out of the city on the desert would be more fun I would think. Seems to be a better fit for a day with Dad. 

• Like 2