Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Antelope with a Pistol

I know it's not a Coues, but wanted to share my Wyoming Antelope I got with my pistol.  Super fun hunt with my best friend.  This was my 6th trip to Wyoming. If you haven't been, I highly recommend it!!!!!  We saw hundreds of Bucks!!!!

642 yard shot with my Savage Striker in 6.5 Creedmoor.

image000001(6).jpg

image000000(12).jpg

image000000(14).jpg

image000000(13).jpg

image000001(5).jpg

image000000(11).jpg

image000002(4).jpg

image000000(8).jpg

• Like 9
  • Wow! 3

Nice!!  That's some skill right there. What kind of muzzle velocity are you getting with this set-up?

43 minutes ago, Cambow said:

Nice!!  That's some skill right there. What kind of muzzle velocity are you getting with this set-up?

About 2800

Very cool.  Coincidentally, I was just contemplating this morning whether I should rebarrel my Striker in 22-250 in to something like a 6mmCM.  That doesn't look like a handgun scope on your Striker, does the brake tame it enough for you to get your face up in there?

16 minutes ago, 1uglydude said:

Very cool.  Coincidentally, I was just contemplating this morning whether I should rebarrel my Striker in 22-250 in to something like a 6mmCM.  That doesn't look like a handgun scope on your Striker, does the brake tame it enough for you to get your face up in there?

100% without that break, using a rifle scope would be impossible!!!!!

Well done Adam!!  Another great trip

What kind of setup are you using  to keep the pistol  steady? I've got a striker in 22-250 also with a pistol  scope on top and it seems like  the cross hairs are always  dancing  around. Same with  my contender in 223

4 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

What kind of setup are you using  to keep the pistol  steady? I've got a striker in 22-250 also with a pistol  scope on top and it seems like  the cross hairs are always  dancing  around. Same with  my contender in 223

WHat power scopes are you using? I never had that problem on my Contender.

1 minute ago, PRDATR said:

WHat power scopes are you using? I never had that problem on my Contender.

There older Bushnell  I believe  2x 6 but I'd have to check .They seem to have a small eye box and if your not perfect aligned  behind  the scope you can't  see .Probably  just need new scopes  with a wider field of view .Maybe a bi-pod and a bag will take care of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazymonkey said:

There older Bushnell  I believe  2x 6 but I'd have to check .They seem to have a small eye box and if your not perfect aligned  behind  the scope you can't  see .Probably  just need new scopes  with a wider field of view .Maybe a bi-pod and a bag will take care of it.

OK. I had a 1.5X on my TC and have a Burris 2X on a Super Redhawk. Neither one is what I would consider shooting much past 100 yards.