Yuma Outdoorsman

Non-Resident tags…

I know somebody who bought a Non-Resident tag and when he hit “submit” at 12:01am, there had already been 1,000 tags processed. Not sure where he saw that number but that’s what he Said. 

7BD8D1EA-9F9C-419C-8048-26CFDCFEE542.jpeg

They are down to 475 non residents tags as of 15 minutes ago. Should be sold out by tonight or tomorrow morning 

40 minutes ago, azcouesandelk said:

They are down to 475 non residents tags as of 15 minutes ago. Should be sold out by tonight or tomorrow morning 

How many total are they selling 

3 minutes ago, EarlyBronco said:

How many total are they selling 

https://www.azgfd.com/hunting/draw/archerydeerhunting/

Attention Non-Residents
Recent changes were made to Arizona statutes and rules that govern the sale of over-the-counter archery deer hunting opportunity in Arizona. These changes affect the sale of archery deer nonpermit-tags (over-the-counter, OTC, tags) to nonresident hunters beginning with the 2023 calendar year.

• The number of archery deer nonpermit-tags available to nonresidents will be set annually at 10% of the average total sales of archery deer nonpermit-tags for the most recent 5 years, rounding down to the nearest increment of 5.
  • The total OTC archery deer nonpermit-tags available for purchase by nonresidents for the 2023 calendar year will be limited to 2,890 total tags. Once all 2,890 nonresident archery deer nonpermit-tags have been sold, no additional tags will be available for purchase by nonresidents for the 2023 calendar year.

10 minutes ago, bigorange said:

https://www.azgfd.com/hunting/draw/archerydeerhunting/

Attention Non-Residents
Recent changes were made to Arizona statutes and rules that govern the sale of over-the-counter archery deer hunting opportunity in Arizona. These changes affect the sale of archery deer nonpermit-tags (over-the-counter, OTC, tags) to nonresident hunters beginning with the 2023 calendar year.

• The number of archery deer nonpermit-tags available to nonresidents will be set annually at 10% of the average total sales of archery deer nonpermit-tags for the most recent 5 years, rounding down to the nearest increment of 5.
  • The total OTC archery deer nonpermit-tags available for purchase by nonresidents for the 2023 calendar year will be limited to 2,890 total tags. Once all 2,890 nonresident archery deer nonpermit-tags have been sold, no additional tags will be available for purchase by nonresidents for the 2023 calendar year.

Thank you 👍

Ridiculous.  The number that are for sale is based on the average they have sold in past years in 365 days (when it was unlimited), so there should have been plenty to last the entire year.  A perfect example of making something seem scarce and everyone has to have it.  I'm guessing a lower percentage of those purchased will actually be used than in previous years when people just waited to buy them until they knew for sure they were coming.  That's probably a good thing for residents.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StickFlicker said:

Ridiculous.  The number that are for sale is based on the average they have sold in past years in 365 days (when it was unlimited), so there should have been plenty to last the entire year.  A perfect example of making something seem scarce and everyone has to have it.  I'm guessing a lower percentage of those purchased will actually be used than in previous years when people just waited to buy them until they knew for sure they were coming.  That's probably a good thing for residents.

Should an unlimited amount of NR's be allowed to come and hunt our deer? What other state allows that? Shouldn't we want "good things for residents"?

Coues247, I certainly never said that, if that's what you're implying.  I was saying that it's ridiculous for NRs to scramble in the first few hours to buy tags that normally take a full year to sell out., just because G&F set a limit (the limit is based on the number sold when they were unlimited in prior years).

1 hour ago, StickFlicker said:

Coues247, I certainly never said that, if that's what you're implying.  

Also it's not based on how many they have had sold over 365 days. It's based on 10% of how many they had sold in 365 days.

5 minutes ago, Coues247 said:

It's based on 10% of how many they had sold in 365 days.

I understand that it's based on 10% of the TOTAL resident and non-residents that were sold in 365 days, not 10% of the previous amount NRs bought.  The highest ratio of NR to Resident OTC permits ever sold was 10.5%, and only in one year (the rest were at or under 10%), so I believe my statement to be pretty accurate.

OTC Deer Tag Sales.JPG

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EarlyBronco said:

I hope they cut it down more next year 👍

It's already mostly pre-determined.  It's based on 10% of the total of all OTC deer tags sold, averaged over the previous 5 years.  So that might be up or down a little from this year, but probably not significantly different.