Sign in to follow this  
deercrazy

.243 Ammo

20 hours ago, 25-06 said:

If you think .243 is hard to find try looking for.25-06. I can't even find bullets for loading. It's a mess out there.

Sportsman’s warehouse in yuma had 8 boxes of 25-06 today. I didn’t notice price or what grain but I did see the caliber. 

20 hours ago, 25-06 said:

If you think .243 is hard to find try looking for.25-06. I can't even find bullets for loading. It's a mess out there.

If you’re still near Tucson (and assuming I’m remembering that correctly) the Ace on Houghton/Valencia had 25-06 last time I was in there. I’m sure it’s overpriced like all of their ammo has been. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bigorange said:

If you’re still near Tucson (and assuming I’m remembering that correctly) the Ace on Houghton/Valencia had 25-06 last time I was in there. I’m sure it’s overpriced like all of their ammo has been. 

Yep still in Tucson. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 5:39 PM, deercrazy said:

Hello all,

I have been in contact with a life long friend in Wisconsin, and we have decided to go on a feral hog hunt in Texas or somewhere in the south, as we have both retired from full time work this fall.  Well, the .243 Winchester round is my cartridge of choice for Coues hunting and for Coyotes in Arizona.  I went through my ammo stash, and decided that I was low on ammo for a travel hunt, you know, sight in perfect here, and then check zero on site, and so on.  I started to check out Bass Pro, Cabela's, and Sportsman's warehouse.  Empty shelves is all I have found. So I headed online, and I have found ammo available, but at double the price of normal, whatever that was several years ago.

I find it hard to believe that the ammo companies have overlooked this cartridge for production due to the fact that I know this is a popular round throughout the United States for junior hunters, women, and  people that have problems with recoil in larger calibers.  There was a post on this site of someone selling bulks .243 ammo, but didn't give it much thought, because you can buy it a Walmart, the hardware store, and anywhere else that sells ammo.  Well, not so much anymore.  I have thought of selling my gun and buying an even more "off the shelf" caliber, but I am a good shot with my gun, happy with low recoil, and the scope is pretty much dialed in.  Frustrated with the way the hunting world is changing over the last several years.  Thanks for letting me vent!  Dave

There is currently  a post in the classifieds  for 243 ammo for sale. Good  luck with  your pig hunt .I did California  pigs over father's day  and had a good time.