Sign in to follow this  
Nebraska402

Whitetail processing

I just got my bill for my boys Whitetail. Sticks and summer sausage.   Guess how much?  781.00. Hang weight was 141..they claim they got 93 pounds of meat off this deer. Oh and before I dropped it off I cut out the backstreets outer and inners.  How the he'll is this possible?

I'm gonna add some more.

They charged me for 27 pounds of pork at 3.50 a pound plus charged me 4.50 a pound for the summer sausage and sticks.  That is a grand total of 120 pounds I'm being charged for. But ya see I'm paying 4.50 a pound for 120 pounds plus the 3.50 a pound at 27 pounds. Shouldn't that 3.50 be included in the 4.50 I'm paying?  

According to them I have 30 pounds of cheddar sticks, 30 pounds of jalapeño cheddar sticks and 60 pounds of jalapeño cheddar summer sausage.

I believe it was 120.00 to process the deer and another .25 cents a pound ro grind the 120 total pounds.

Anyone know of a deer you can get 93 pounds of meat off of minus the straps? 

Marshall

If it’s a Nebraska whitetail? Or a Coues whitetail?   For $781 I’ll buy grass finished beef

Pay for the convenience and experience of a processor, or invest in hardware to last your (and your buddies’) entire hunting life and never again wonder if you got back YOUR meat.

316052E0-65E9-4592-BB1B-84E0D42FF635.jpeg

• Like 6

"They" is Pickrell Locker and Smokehouse.

I agree in doing your own..this was convenient as in 4 miles away. Now that I got the bill..not so convenient. Yes corn fed Nebraska Whitetail. But 93 pounds minus the straps..no fricken way.

9 hours ago, oz31p said:

Lol in 2019

Maybe a little bit?  Couple of steaks?

I’ve never bought any,  although I may have to if I don’t draw a tag next year …..

Reading  this  and it sounds  like a good  screwing. That's a bunch  of cash for alot of not deer sticks and sausage  after they added  the bulk of other meats.My bull elk a few years back dressed out at 399 and wasn't  that much .Then you get to the post with  all the sticks and sausage  and then you just loose it and get hungry. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

Reading  this  and it sounds  like a good  screwing. That's a bunch  of cash for alot of not deer sticks and sausage  after they added  the bulk of other meats.My bull elk a few years back dressed out at 399 and wasn't  that much .Then you get to the post with  all the sticks and sausage  and then you just loose it and get hungry. 

Pork fat is added to sausage. Needs to be otherwise it’ll be dry and crumble apart. I add 25% pork in any cured/smoked sausage and 40% in brats and fresh sausage when I make game meats. 

5 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

Pork fat is added to sausage. Needs to be otherwise it’ll be dry and crumble apart. I add 25% pork in sausage and 40% in brats when I make game meats. 

Yep I get that .But usually  the processor  will tell you what the  minimum  batch of sticks  or sausage  is say 10 lbs min and what fat they are adding  (pork,beef) then set a price per pound .I will say those sticks  and sausage  have made me hungry. 

• Like 1

I'm hungry to now lol...  

• Like 3

I just finished butchering my mule deer and I got exactly 60 pounds of deboned meat. All roasts, steaks and stew meat. Except for 15 pounds of ground I made from rib meat, flank, some neck meat and scraps.  No fat added to the ground. Took me about 5 hours total.