joohnnybgood

MSR Whisperlite Stove, Bottle, and fuel

Brand new MSR Whisperlite stove, bottle, and an unopened gallon of Coleman Camp Fuel. These stoves are workhorses but won't win an ultralight contest. Reliable and usually always work. Like a Revolver. LOL. Asking $150 or trade towards 2a items, Encore or Contender barrels, CCI 200 Large Rifle Primers, Leupold or Burris compact scopes, 100-130 grain .30 Cal projectiles, 100-130 grain 7mm projectiles, and others. Other interesting trades welcome as well. Located in Chandler weekends and 35th Avenue and Thomas Monday-Friday. 

20221204_155537.jpg

Just bought one of these and arrived today. Just my luck.  Paid more then that without the bottle. Great deal on a great stove. Comes in handy when traveling as it is easier to get fuel for these

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, bigorange said:

Workhorse for sure. Good memories in a couple of these…

They aren't the lightest but definitely a stove you can count on every time.

My first experience with one of these was waiting in line for an application for a job as a Firefighter. A group of us had started networking and applying for several departments after we graduated from our Fire academy. Seems a few departments were doing a joint recruit and only one application was needed to apply to several departments at one time. Only bummer was that only 1000 applications were going to be given out at 0900 Monday morning. We got in line Friday afternoon and there were already a couple of hundred people in front of us. We spent the weekend sitting in line waiting. One night it started raining. There we were, cold, damp, and somewhat miserable. One of the guys in our group fired up a stove and proceeded to start making hot chocolate and coffee. It happened to be one of these MSR Whisperlite stoves. It totally changed the crappy evening and mood that night. I never forgot that. Seems like not so long ago but that was 25 years ago now. Time flies. Great memories...

• Like 1

More memories…I have that same cookset too!

my first experience with the whisperlite was 30-ish years ago in scouts. We pretty much used all Coleman gear…Peak 1 and similar stoves. One of the gearhead experts whipped out a whisperlite on a multi day backpacking trip…it was lighter and more packable than what most of us were using and blew my young impressionable mind. LoL

On 9/1/2023 at 10:37 PM, coueswt said:

Just bought one of these and arrived today. Just my luck.  Paid more then that without the bottle. Great deal on a great stove. Comes in handy when traveling as it is easier to get fuel for these

Sorry to hear! I just added a new cookset as well. Always good to have a spare. 🙂

On 9/6/2023 at 10:09 AM, bigorange said:

More memories…I have that same cookset too!

my first experience with the whisperlite was 30-ish years ago in scouts. We pretty much used all Coleman gear…Peak 1 and similar stoves. One of the gearhead experts whipped out a whisperlite on a multi day backpacking trip…it was lighter and more packable than what most of us were using and blew my young impressionable mind. LoL

Yes, I was impressed by how compact it was and how well it worked. This design is still being made today. If it didn't work, they would have changed it or discontinued it decades ago.

• Like 1