Sign in to follow this  
JSR

E-Tag?

If you opt in for the E Tag do you still get a paper tag in the mail?

i did opt for the e-tag, and just bought a 2023 archery deer tag and they didn't give me a paper tag, just the tag, same with my javelina tag that i drew.

I'm asking because I drew two pig tags and have not received either one yet.

One in the regular draw and one in the leftover. 

Both show up as E tags though.

when i bought the archery deer tag i asked and the lady said you can see it without reception, she said yes so we will see.

• Like 1

It's all right here;   220819 - Tag Modernization FAQ and App instructions Combined (amazonaws.com)

11 hours ago, JSR said:

If you opt in for the E Tag do you still get a paper tag in the mail?

Doesn't explicitly state that you will or will not get a paper tag, but definitely insinuates that you will NOT get a paper tag if you have opted in for E-Tag:  "After opting in, all tags will be delivered as E-Tags, including successful first come first serve applicants, unless the customer opts-out in their Portal.".

42 minutes ago, dsotm said:

How does the e-tag work if you're hunting somewhere without cell reception?

Doesn't explicitly state how it will work without service, but DOES say that you don't have to have cell service to tag your animal:  "Cell service will not be required for some functions such as tagging your animal. You’ll still be able to tag your animal, answer the hunter questionnaire, and access licenses and tags for viewing in the field in areas without cell coverage."

GO, TECHNOLOGY!!!   🙄😂

You will not get a paper tag.  If you got a paper tag and an e tag they would essentially send you two tags.  

the app works without cell coverage.  You just have to be logged in before you go out of service.  When you come back into service it will upload the information to game and fish. 

11 hours ago, maximus said:

i did opt for the e-tag, and just bought a 2023 archery deer tag and they didn't give me a paper tag, just the tag, same with my javelina tag that i drew.

Did you have to go to a dept office to get the otc deer tag for it to be an e-tag?

8 minutes ago, bonecollector said:

Did you have to go to a dept office to get the otc deer tag for it to be an e-tag?

You have to go to a dept office for it to be e-tag. (So I'm assuming that was maximus' experience with his....)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TOBY said:

If you can purchase in the field this will take poaching to a new level. otc elk,bear,lion,pig. see, shoot, buy tag, done.

I agree, it makes getting tags way too easy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TOBY said:

If you can purchase in the field this will take poaching to a new level. otc elk,bear,lion,pig. see, shoot, buy tag, done.

Eh....   My feeling is that with or without easy access to E-Tags, that poachers are gonna do what they do, which is POACH.

Sure, the "see, shoot, buy tag, done...." looks like it will be easier, but I feel like the dudes who do that already see, shoot, and are done with or without getting their hands on a tag after they already illegally killed an animal.  This could keep them from stopping in at Walmart on the way home, but they would have poached anyway, IMO....

Poachers will poach.

• Haha 1