Sign in to follow this  
JSR

E-Tag?

Yep....

But at least for now, as 1uglydude pointed out, you can't buy a tag through the app anyway (have to get drawn or go into a G&F office), so I guess it's moot point for the time being.  

4 hours ago, bonecollector said:

Did you have to go to a dept office to get the otc deer tag for it to be an e-tag?

i think you have to go to a dept office, i don't believe any other place have the equipment to issue an e-tag.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stanley said:

Yep....

But at least for now, as 1uglydude pointed out, you can't buy a tag through the app anyway (have to get drawn or go into a G&F office), so I guess it's moot point for the time being.  

But non-residents have to buy online and wait for the printed tag to arrive in the mail? (Based on conversation on another thread…) or can non-res opt in for OTC e-tags too? This is all getting very confusing even when reading the regs and FAQ info. 

5 hours ago, Northern Pintail said:

the app works without cell coverage.  You just have to be logged in before you go out of service.  When you come back into service it will upload the information to game and fish. 

This sounds like it should work great…what could go wrong? Just don’t forget to login before you lose service. 😂

• Like 1

Pretty straight forward. But also Make sure to change the avatar in your portal account to the deer you just killed while holding the  newspaper with the date visible. 

If it's a Sunday newspaper you.will need to cite a minimum of two Sunday comics and at least one obituary.

RiP to the old tag system

22 minutes ago, bigorange said:

This sounds like it should work great…what could go wrong? Just don’t forget to login before you lose service. 😂

So if you don't get service and the first point of business is to tag the animal. Do you load and go with the whole animal and then start the skinng process once you get to the red onion?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

So if you don't get service and the first point of business is to tag the animal. Do you load and go with the whole animal and then start the skinng process once you get to the red onion?

Do I need to affix anything to the animal after I electronically tag it? Yes, the electronic tagging process will include the attachment of a unique validation code that you will be given through the app after a successful harvest. Cell service will not be necessary to receive the validation code. Hunters can choose a material of their choice such as flagging or tape, to write the validation code on, and attach to their successful harvest. The attachment of the validation code will be your legal proof of tagging.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 654321 said:

The AZGFD didn't invent the wheel with this concept, other states are already using this feature.

Other states have a much better online draw too. I’m probably misunderstanding the login before going offline part…if this is a login once to download the tag at any point before going offline I can see this working. Hopefully some e-taggers will let us know how it works. 

so when you log in and then e-tag the animal does it record your coordinates so G&F knows exactly where you are?

45 minutes ago, ronk said:

so when you log in and then e-tag the animal does it record your coordinates so G&F knows exactly where you are?

Can you ensure my privacy? Yes, AZGFD’s mobile application meets all data security requirements including encryption of personally identifiable information. Location data is not collected.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Tub said:

I'm gonna miss all that spam advertising on the 3rd page attached to the plastic/paper tags so they hardly won't fit in your wallet.  NOT!  

I miss those tiny little envelopes they used to send

On 12/13/2022 at 11:23 AM, stanley said:

Yep....

I stopped by the Carefree office to get my pile of 2023 OTC tags two weeks ago. I was told by a very confident older lady that I could buy all my OTC through the app. and she had hoped I hadn't driven all the way up there just to get the tags. I again asked specifically about the OTC elk and Javi tags and she again repeated, "no need to come into a GnF office any more, ALL OTC tags could be purchased through the app." So I didn't buy the 2022 elk or pig tags. I could find nowhere in the app where I could purchase them and in fact, info in the app says OTC tags still need to be purchased at GnF offices. 

I had already opted in to the e-tag program so even though I purchased my tags at a GnF office, I walked away with my 2023 License and just a receipt for the other tags. 

Another goofy new quirk, for the last 10 years I have purchased my license to run from Jan 1 through Dec 31...  Cant do that now.  For some silly /stupid reason, the system says you HAVE to make the start date this year so my license is only good from Dec 31 2022 through Dec 30, 2023. So in the field next year, my license won't be valid on the last day of the year.. 

So I have paper piggy tags and an app with some other tags.

Another thing to keep in mind, the app states that it is the hunters responsibility to make sure their phone is charged so you can show your tag to GnF in the field if they check you. 

• Like 1