Sign in to follow this  
JSR

E-Tag?

1 minute ago, PRDATR said:

Can the E-Tag be downloaded and saved as a PDF?

No, you can't do that.  (I bought a lion tag a couple of months ago at the Mesa G&F, and it came as an e-tag to the app on my phone.   Just checked, and there is no download option....)   You could do a screen-shot of it and then save it, I suppose.

Doing that though, really wouldn't help anything to do with the actual tagging process.  It's sort of a screen-by-screen flow through the app that you have to go through to tag the animal.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ohthatguy said:

I stopped by the Carefree office to get my pile of 2023 OTC tags two weeks ago. I was told by a very confident older lady that I could buy all my OTC through the app. and she had hoped I hadn't driven all the way up there just to get the tags. I again asked specifically about the OTC elk and Javi tags and she again repeated, "no need to come into a GnF office any more, ALL OTC tags could be purchased through the app." So I didn't buy the 2022 elk or pig tags. I could find nowhere in the app where I could purchase them and in fact, info in the app says OTC tags still need to be purchased at GnF offices. 

I had already opted in to the e-tag program so even though I purchased my tags at a GnF office, I walked away with my 2023 License and just a receipt for the other tags. 

Another goofy new quirk, for the last 10 years I have purchased my license to run from Jan 1 through Dec 31...  Cant do that now.  For some silly /stupid reason, the system says you HAVE to make the start date this year so my license is only good from Dec 31 2022 through Dec 30, 2023. So in the field next year, my license won't be valid on the last day of the year.. 

So I have paper piggy tags and an app with some other tags.

Another thing to keep in mind, the app states that it is the hunters responsibility to make sure their phone is charged so you can show your tag to GnF in the field if they check you. 

i just got my license and did from january 1st to 31st 2023.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maximus said:

i just got my license and did from january 1st to 31st 2023.

Amazing.. It really sounds like the lady I dealt with missed ALL of the training classes for the new system. Curious, did you purchase it on line or at a GnF office?

3 hours ago, Ohthatguy said:

Amazing.. It really sounds like the lady I dealt with missed ALL of the training classes for the new system. Curious, did you purchase it on line or at a GnF office?

i got the license online but the tag at the office, i don't think you can buy the tag thru the app, if she told you that i think she was wrong.

• Like 2

I'm not trusting an e tag.. plus how many of you have broken a phone on your hunt..?  Hate to say it but I have at least once ... .maybe more