Sign in to follow this  
JSR

Poaching

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

I just didn’t know what constituted coming down on hard. 5 years suspended license, I don’t consider a harsh punishment, especially for guides out there cheating for money. Brian fisher got a lifetime ban? I saw a dude few weeks ago posting about hunting with him. 

Yeah, I get that. Unfortunately, the Commission is limited to what the rules/statue allows them based on the violation. The “possession” violations are “up to 5 years” suspensions. The “take” violations are what gives them the 5,10 year and lifetime bans. Just depends on actual convictions. 

If the max is “up to 5 years”, that’s about all they can impose. They can’t just arbitrarily throw down a lifetime ban, even though I’m sure they want to. So I guess giving them the max 5 years is “coming down hard”, compared to someone getting a 1 or 2 year suspension for the same violation. 

But I get what you’re saying. It’s not enough, but legally, they’re limited. 

Yes I understand that but this specific event occurred in UT. Yes he had an AZ tag but the actual poaching happened in UT

You guys would be really upset if you lived in another state. Az probably hands out the harshest penalties of any when it comes to license revocations and fines. Most states are taking people's license for like 3 years when they poach a bighorn sheep. Az taking licenses for 5 if you shoot an extra quail. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SunDevil said:

Yes I understand that but this specific event occurred in UT. Yes he had an AZ tag but the actual poaching happened in UT

Alan hamberlin lives here I believe and I think they think the deer was brought into az after being killed. However if they can't prove the deer came into az then I don't think az has anything to go off of. 

This is probably where you have heard of him. Dude threw away all respect and credit he has as a hunter to shoot a buck that's not even 200" when he has shot 300" deer.

101344-1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

If you have a good photographer, any 180" deer can be 250" plus.

Screenshot 2022-12-24 113735.jpg

• Haha 1