muledeerarea33?

Just bought a Traeger and really?

18 minutes ago, dcshorthairs said:

It took me a while to graduate. They will soon see the light lol 

Me to, I won a knock off about 15 years ago from the NWTF and got tired of fixing it. I bought the YS640 a few years back. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, oz31p said:

FYI pit boss is an Arizona company . And includes a flame broil feature 

13 hours ago, Hoss50 said:

But the product is still built in China. 

4D007F94-BF3A-462F-9632-581ACF3D8FBB.gif

On 12/21/2022 at 5:55 AM, Vowell said:

Should have bought a yoder.

wasnt that the little old guy in the  Star Wars sequel?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TOBY said:

We need a good popcorn thread in these slow times. I just read 3 pages about smokers....

Ok I'll start it off

16 hours ago, Vowell said:

These guys are amateurs with thier stamped steal Traegers 😜 

Seriously?? You are talking about $2k+ smokers and have 2 misspelled words and one of them is NOT Traeger??   

Can someone say trust fund baby. 

JK Devan !!!  One of the days I'll get me a good one.  I hope you have a MERRY CHRISTMAS

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

Ok I'll start it off

Seriously?? You are talking about $2k+ smokers and have 2 misspelled words and one of them is NOT Traeger??   

Can someone say trust fund baby. 

JK Devan !!!  One of the days I'll get me a good one.  I hope you have a MERRY CHRISTMAS

Lol all good, I blame my phone. Iphone user going to android. Merry Christmas Houston. Remember buy once, cry once 

38 minutes ago, Vowell said:

Lol all good, I blame my phone. Iphone user going to android. Merry Christmas Houston. Remember buy once, cry once 

haha my problem is that I buy once and cry, buy again and cry etc... lol 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

What If I vacuumed it out last night, it worked for a few hours then stopped again? I’m not sure what Uber eats is?? I live in the middle of nowhere. But I assume that was a dig at me? Was it?? Either way, I’d just like it to work. Do you have a helpful fix or??

Probably a blank in the auger... Or you didn't shut it down correctly on a previous cook. mine you have to go to shutdown mode when your done. It empties the auger to prepare it for the next run.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Pry return it and go back to real wood. I tried to be modern  I’m sure they make great products but this one turned me off

Good idea. Just go back to piercing the meat with a stick and dangle it over the fire 

20 hours ago, Vowell said:

These guys are amateurs with thier stamped steal Traegers 😜 

Who's stealing Traegers? I got mine for free but it wasn't stolen.

And yes...total amateur here. Easy way...set it and forget it.

• Haha 1

Good advice, good criticism and a bunch of misspelled wurds. Love all the responses! I’m just a guy who’s bitching about nothing important. Thanks for all the positive feed back and the negative. Love the jokes. Merry Christmas and happy quanzacheua to you all!!

• Like 3

23 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

What If I vacuumed it out last night, it worked for a few hours then stopped again? I’m not sure what Uber eats is?? I live in the middle of nowhere. But I assume that was a dig at me? Was it?? Either way, I’d just like it to work. Do you have a helpful fix or??

Uber eats is a delivery service for people too lazy to go through a drive through or pick up a phone order for them selves. Or too drunk.  If  you don’t know about it, you’re blessed.  Ultra laziness hasn’t hit your neighborhood. Unless you really think the occasional vacuuming is too much . JK.

I second someone’s advice about calling Traegers help line, they’re great. I sell Traeger grills, once in a while you get one with a issue, but 95% of the time it’s skipping a step in shut down or  cleaning. They really are a great product, give them a call before you give up on it.  I cook everything on mine, including breakfasts, with bacon, bisquits, hash browns and eggs.  Obviously need a skillet, but no bacon splatters in the kitchen makes me a rockstar with the wife.  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, bigorange said:

Who's stealing Traegers? I got mine for free but it wasn't stolen.

And yes...total amateur here. Easy way...set it and forget it.

Have you seen trailer park Boys..... 

21 hours ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

I love the simplicity of a pellet smoker/grill and what you get out of it. It takes significantly less time to clean and tend than my old wood/charcoal smokers. Much better taste than propane, but yes just like everything in life there is some maintenance. 

Couple of things I have learned over the years of pellet grills/smokers    Keep them out of the weather as much as possible either with covers or on a porch etc.. Pellets will retain  some moisture and if they start breaking down it really gums up the auger.  I usually keep just enough pellets in the smoker so that if they get wet, either directly or through humidity in the air I don't waste a bunch of pellets.

There is a sweet spot when you vacuum too much or not often enough   If I'm doing long smokes (6+ hours) I'll clean them out every time. If I'm doing quick grill work, steaks, hamburgers, chicken etc... I clean them every 5 or 6 times I use it. 

I was out of town for a weekend and forgot to pull my pit boss boss under the back porch and it got hit with a monsoon storm. Of course it was full of pellets so they swelled up in the auger bad. I still haven't managed to get the auger free. 

2 hours ago, QCwtAddict said:

I was out of town for a weekend and forgot to pull my pit boss boss under the back porch and it got hit with a monsoon storm. Of course it was full of pellets so they swelled up in the auger bad. I still haven't managed to get the auger free. 

Did you try soaking it again?