Sign in to follow this  
ewilly

WTB 6.5 Creedmoor Sizing Die or Set

I seized a case in the sizing die in my Hornady set so I thought I would see if anyone has at least a sizing die to sell before I order another set. 

THX

What's wrong with the Hornady set? They have Redding precision set on sale at Midway. Get Redding full length Type S bushing sizing die. I believe Brunos had them too, cheaper than Midway.

Instead of buying a new die set can you remove the stuck case? Get a tap and die set drill it tap it and get a bolt to remove. 
happened to me recently and father in law had a tap and die set to remove it. 
mended up getting another stuck case afterwards and removed it again and out more lube on it

• Like 1

Plenty of videos on You Tube on how to remove a stuck case. What kind of lube were you using? Imperial Sizing Wax works very well. The best was the Dillon spray lube in an aerosol can but it only lasted a couple of years and they went to a pump bottle, which was not as good.

• Like 1

Super easy to get a stuck case removed  rcbs makes a tool for it.Me being a machinest I made my own on a Sunday  while  I was making  double  time .Probably  the most expensive  ever ! Made outa stainless  steel  took a few  hours. Rcbs  are about 19 bucks last I looked.Try the hornady one shot spray lube .

• Like 1

I do have a tap set and I will do a search but even if I get the case out the root issue still remains.  I was using some Lyman aerosol lube and I tried two different cases and both did not like the die and 6 or 7th case seized. 

THX for the recommendations. 

Look into making your own lube with lanolin. YouTube has directions on doing so. After my cases got stuck I gave them another spritz and was good

Redding die wax is the best lube. Rub it on with your fingers and never stick another case again. Brunos has some in stock. I used to make my own with anhydrous lanolin and white vaseline but when a container of die wax lasts more than 5 years, why bother? I load thousands of rounds a year!