Sign in to follow this  
Jasper17

Anybody use Butler Bags

Would like info on your experience if any. I want a XL size sleeping bag but don't want one that's  rated only at 0 degrees or it seems they only sell the larger ones rated for ridiculous cold weather (-20) and you sweat your butt off. I know they are expensive but the all weather one seems to offer a lot of versatility. Thanks for any insight.

12 minutes ago, Jasper17 said:

Would like info on your experience if any. I want a XL size sleeping bag but don't want one that's  rated only at 0 degrees or it seems they only sell the larger ones rated for ridiculous cold weather (-20) and you sweat your butt off. I know they are expensive but the all weather one seems to offer a lot of versatility. Thanks for any insight.

did you check the kodiak canvas sleeping bags, i'm going to buy one and they look very comfortable.

https://www.competitiveedgeproducts.com/kodiak-sleeping-bags-booster-quilts

• Like 1

I have a Cabelas 0 degree bag and when it's not really cold I wake up sweating because the insulation is so good. But I appreciate the suggestion.

I did look at the Kodiak bag that is a interesting design.

• Like 1

Well maybe I will make a run over there and see if they have one to look at, I don't like going to Cabelas much anymore it's not what it used to be, Thanks for the suggestion.

I have had my Butler for 20 years. Still like new. Never been cold.

The all season Butler bag is hard to beat. I’ve had mine down to -10 and was never uncomfortable. Spend around 200 nights a year in mine it’s 9 years old and still works fine also comes with a pillow one less thing to remember to pack. 

I stopped using mine since I was always hot! Use my sportsman 2 man with a quilt made in the 50’s. If I’m hot, I dump the quilt. Slept that way in a tent with a small buddy heater down to -10.

you dont need any new bag, just to do the snuggle buddy prison blanket wrap!

• Wow! 1